New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ashma
Hatchling

United Kingdom
113 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2011 :  07:56:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just a bit of quick one really, need some advice.
Bought two little one month old hatchies the other day and before leaving them to settle in I moved them from their boxes to their new homes.

Well, having never experienced hatchies before I was NOT expecting to be tagged to high heaven! I swear the two of them must have got me about 10 times each in transit!

Whilst it was incredibly funny (especially to the other half) I was wondering, in terms of cleanliness....should I be worried for the little guys? I always wash my hands before and between snakes, but obviously I am a little concerned that if they keep having a go at the hands, they might be exposing themselves to bacteria etc??

Or. Am I just worrying over nothing?

Location - Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2011 :  08:00:33  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They are just being hatchies. They will be fine. You are just being a concerned parent

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ashma
Hatchling

United Kingdom
113 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2011 :  08:02:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Phew!
I've never had them so small before. Plus it doesn't help that they're the cutest little things I have ever seen!

I never actually thought I'd say I enjoy being bitten :D

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2011 :  13:03:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha, I think your on the wrong forum for that kind of statement.

I mean the kingsnake forum lol rude people.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Ashma
Hatchling

United Kingdom
113 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2011 :  13:05:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha, its not the first time I've come out with the dodgy comments.....however I think this pales in comparison to the 'snake fondling' fiasco a week or two ago! :D

Go to Top of Page

tarotpodge
Hatchling

433 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2011 :  13:56:36  Show Profile  Click to see tarotpodge's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ashma

Haha, its not the first time I've come out with the dodgy comments.....however I think this pales in comparison to the 'snake fondling' fiasco a week or two ago! :D

Still chuckling over that one

2.0.3 Corns, Creamsicle(Phoenix), Ghost motley(Savanna), 2x carolina(Indiana+Severus), Amel stripe (Frazzle).
0.3.0 Dogs, Shar pei cross, Staff and Dalmation 0.3.0 Cats 2.0.0 Chinchillas 7.11.23 Tropical fish 1.0.0 Iguana
Go to Top of Page

Ashma
Hatchling

United Kingdom
113 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2011 :  14:15:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I need to hire a proof reader to check over my posts before I submit them......

Go to Top of Page

Ashma
Hatchling

United Kingdom
113 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2011 :  14:15:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Back to the subject though. In general, how long does it usually take hatchies to 'tame down'?? I.e stop mauling me!

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2011 :  14:48:25  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Are both the hatchies in the same tub? I know when my hatchies first hatched and they were all in the same incubating tub that some were very snappy!

Normally not long. If you enjoy getting bitten how about you pick up a king just after it's eaten haha

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Ashma
Hatchling

United Kingdom
113 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2011 :  16:06:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No no, they are in separate tubs. The breeder I got them from puts them in their own boxes right from birth....well once they know where they are haha!

I'll not be handling them too often as they are very small, but I figured with more and more gentle handling they'll calm down.

Now I've heard all about grumpy Kings! I think I'll give that one a miss! I hear rat snakes can give a nasty bite too..... I have an Everglades who gets VERY jumpy sometimes, so I like to keep my distance!

Go to Top of Page

Cornsnakeluver127
Egg

United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2011 :  12:06:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOl when i got my hatchie monty he was only slighly jumpy but never ever tried to bite.but im just back from holiday and my dad was looking after my snakes and now he tries to bite me when i try to pick him up but when he is in my hands he is fine... will just need time for him to get used to me LOL

good luck with your new hatchies!!!
Go to Top of Page

Ashma
Hatchling

United Kingdom
113 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2011 :  12:18:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mine are getting a little better. Changed their water last night and they were very inquisitive, but not 'nibbly'. Can't wait to handle them!

Monty is a great name haha!
We've christened ours Terry and Joop

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000