New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tblack
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2011 :  13:43:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone, this is my first introduction to you all. I have been hovering around the forum for a number of weeks reading posts ect.

My snake snowy has just started to lay eggs, she is at 6 eggs so far, and we have set up the incubator for when she has finished. This is her second time at laying. Last year she layed one and we was new to knowing what to do when she became gravid as it was an accident. As i was saying, she layed one and we took it away to be put in incubator, not knowing that should would hold on to the other eggs if we moved them. She became eggbound, so we took her to the vet and we had to get the eggs colasped, after i think 2 weeks from the first egg, she passed them and she was fine, lucky i guess.

So this time we have left her until she lays them all. So i am just waiting for her to finish so i can feed her up as she is soo skinny.

Snowy as u will know by the name is a snow morph, i think thats right? she is pure white, with a hint of yellow/pink around the head area. I will post some pics of her later and the rest of my snakes.

I am interested what colour hatchlings she may have if we are succesfull in incubating them. The 2 snakes who maybe candidate in being the father could be normal colour red and off white or it could be out oddjob who is brown and beige with a black and white checkered underside.

Will up date more and put pics up when i get the chance.

So nice to meet u all and hope i become a regular here.

have a great day

from me the noob lol

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2011 :  17:24:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi and welcome, good luck with the eggs, sorry can't help with the morphs you might get but try this site http://www.corncalc.com/ might give some help, and don't forget pics once she's finished laying

LillyCrystalHarry
1.2.0 corns, 1.1.0 cats tropical guppies who continually breed

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2011 :  18:50:12  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i'm going to take a guesstimate that the possible fathers are either amelanistic (http://iansvivarium.com/morphs/species/elaphe_guttata/amelanistic) or normal (http://iansvivarium.com/morphs/species/elaphe_guttata/normal)

The predicted outcomes are:

snow x amel = all amel babies
snow x normal = all normal babies

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2011 :  08:41:47  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
pics would help us correctly identify the parent morphs and then predict the offspring

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000