Adult corn RUB setup - heatmat
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LucyB
Snake Mite

47 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2011 :  17:39:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My 64l RUB just arrived so tomorrow i'll be setting up for Rio to move into his new housing. I just wanted to check whether I needed to put the heatmat underneath the rub or inside. In my 9l rub setup for my hatchling royal the heatmat is under the RUB, but just wanted to double check?!

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2011 :  18:04:07  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
either really, i've done it both ways but currently have them outside the RUBS as i'm now using heat strips heating 2 50L RUBs a piece

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2011 :  19:53:55  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
as gp said if mat fits in no reason why it cant go in, but id choise dependent on where it was being put etc

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

ogri
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
44 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2011 :  13:13:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So when I move my snake up from it's rub into a wooden viv do I put a heat mat into the viv or do I use a ceramic or red heat bulb

0.1.0. Snow - Binky
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2011 :  13:55:12  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i'd stick with a mat and use it inside the viv

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2011 :  14:44:53  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'd put the heatmat under the RUB if you can, that way it won't get pooped on and be greeted to cooked poo lol!

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2011 :  15:43:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I put a heat mat inside a Boa RUB and she went for a wee and killed it (I had sealed the electrics but the smell never went away so it went in the bin). The new mat is on the outside. Not as likely to happen with a corn snake though. I also setup the stat probe on the outside stuck to the mat but the temperatures inside were erratic to say the least, its now inside and its perfect now.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky

Edited by - lotabob on 04/07/2011 15:43:58
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000