New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  18:42:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

SO....I have a boa in my living room . it didnt quite go as plan we shouldnt have got him till after sept! , we fell in love and then worked out the cost of boarding equates to the same as the boarding fee and it was a four hour round trip to see him and we just couldnt walk away . I apoligise this is gona sound like an essay but i wanna say how the whole thing went , im SO HAPPY!!!

Took about 2 hours to get to gaz , when we got there he showed us the adults ,got to hold a few , all gorgeous . Then sarah got to hold a green tree boa ! he then showed us some of the babies , he gave me one and sarah one . One cb 10 and one cb09 , the 10 was slate gray with nice marking and the 09 was abit darker . Sar liked the 10 , and all ov a sudden he struck at her , missed but made us giggle gaz said he wasnt selling himself very well to which he struck a few more times all missing. The 09 i had was as calm as anything and just slowly checked me out i held him for a good half an hour . Gaz made coffee and showed us a few more of the young ones , we put the hissy one back but could still hear him for ages afterwards! i saw some gorgeous sunglows and albinos , a few of his massive commons , and a few more little stroppy ones or ones that were in shed , plus some more really nice gentle ones . we then saw his fresh babies , some only a month old and some less than a week ! salmons and othr dwarfs . He got an albino normal out who was a fair size and passed it to me , it hissed loudly and struck at me and got my little finger! ive had my first snake bite! woohoo! bled like somethin had chopped my finger off , but it didnt hurt . We ended up back over to the one i liked the 09 and went to put a deposit on him , i held him again and really wanted him . we got in the car , got round the corner and then ended up getting the cash and picking him up . He did a 3 hour car ride and didnt make a peep . Got him home opened his tub and he was lovely , weighed him at 244 grams , he will be 2 in july . and his names Dexter :) lots of pics to follow! im a very proud / smitten mommy rite now!

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  18:44:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
very nice Laws looking good and welcome to boa keeping

Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  18:45:07  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Lovely!

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  18:55:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
im already addicted! he was so calm even after a long journey , didnt show any aggression :) im thinking hes abit more nervous now in the viv and seemed to shy away alot ! hoping he stays as friendly and gentle as he has been all day :)

Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  19:06:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He is lovely!

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  19:43:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I KNEW IT!!!!!

I knew you wouldn't be able to come away without one, lol.

Dexter is lovely, and as above welcome to the whacky world of nippy Boas. You've probably picked a good one though as it should know better. I bet you can't wait for the first feed, my top tip for you is USE TONGS they hit with the force of freight train and quicker than you can react, and don't try picking him up straight after a feed (ie putting him back after a feed) give him time to calm down a Boa in feeding mode is a crazy beast indeed. lol.

I look forward to lots of pictures.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Yearling

950 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  20:14:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Dexter!

Lovely looking boa, I'm jealous! Piccys in due time please

1.0.0 Carolina Motley Cornsnake - Vin, 0.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Rio, 0.1.0 IJJ Carpet Python - Luna, 0.1.0 Dwarf Sunfire Reticulated Python - Helia, 1.0.0 Royal Python - Jasper, 0.1.0 Spaniel - Jess; RIP Gypsy - a beautiful girl through and through, 0.1.0 Rabbit - Binky, RIP Indy, Jan 2010 - Aug 2011, and Ace, Jan 2009 - Aug 2011
Go to Top of Page

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  20:20:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow he looks lovely

LillyCrystalHarry
1.2.0 corns, 1.1.0 cats tropical guppies who continually breed

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  21:12:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I kno I got bit by one of the bigger ones and I didn't have time to react from the hiss to the hit and bite ! Its been a great day . We couldn't resist bringing him home ! We have extra long tongues so much so we cud get them in the viv without our hands . We asked wen he was last fed and it was last week , he said we could feed him as early as tomorro as he is a great feeder , but we will wait anyways . He was def the most chilled out and I even had two of my fingers under his chin at one point and moved his head with them and he wasn't shy . He is abit shy in the viv but its bigger than what he's used to . We wanna breed them in the future I think . Boas are gorgeous , but having held an 8 footer today I think we will stick to dwarfs ! More pics as soon as I intend to snap loooooads ! Lol !

Go to Top of Page

tarotpodge
Hatchling

433 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  22:33:32  Show Profile  Click to see tarotpodge's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Dexter is gorgeous. congrats on the new addition. I can see why you turned around and picked him up there and then.

2.0.3 Corns, Creamsicle(Phoenix), Ghost motley(Savanna), 2x carolina(Indiana+Severus), Amel stripe (Frazzle).
0.3.0 Dogs, Shar pei cross, Staff and Dalmation 0.3.0 Cats 2.0.0 Chinchillas 7.11.23 Tropical fish 1.0.0 Iguana
Go to Top of Page

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  23:01:15  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
gota love a boa :)

my aunties, bestfriends, hairdressers, friends boyfriend had a snake and it stretched out to measure him to eat him......true story.....
1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 sinaloan milk snake
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa
1.0.0 snow corn abomninable
0.1.0 royal python priscilla
http://www.youtube.com/user/stotty01 dads youtube channel

Tail n scales, Linton, Cambs, CB21 4XN, Tel no 01223 893 508 http://www.tails-n-scales.co.uk/

wish list: boa!
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2011 :  02:12:25  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
very nice looking boa :)

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000