New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Danny919
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
30 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  16:31:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all if i order some pinkies online and get them delivered, when they arrive no doubt they will be defrosted will these then be okay to refreeze and thawing them out when its feeding time ? or will it affect my corn ?

ntbryenton-rochard
Hatchling

165 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  16:58:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know if it's ok to re-freeze defosted mice but I ordered mice online and mine came with these frozen packs in the box along with the mice so they were still frozen when I got them.

1.2.0 kids (Joshua-14, Katie-6 Holly-3)
1.0.0 Corn snake (Amazon-16 months)
1.0.0 Whites tree frog (Froggy-unknown age but owned for 3 years)
0.1.0 Dog (Sophie-11 years)
1.0.0 Cat (Charlie-9 years)
1.0.0 Guineapig (Rox-8 months)
0.1.0 Rabbit (Snowball-3 years)

Edited by - ntbryenton-rochard on 18/06/2011 21:15:05
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  17:04:44  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Mine have always arrived frozen too. They came in a polystyrene box with some dry ice (although sometimes I think you have to pay extra for dry ice, depending on who you get them from)

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  18:55:04  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm sure most online suppliers use the frozen packs to keep the mice frozen so it shouldn't be an issue.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  21:18:23  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i refreeze, and if they've not been thoroughly thawed and heated ready to be fed i'm sure they'll be fine to chuck in the freezer

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  21:20:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't feed thawed and then refrozen food, would you want to eat a chicken that had been frozen then thawed and then refrozen, i wouldn't, the bugs that could have grown etc, i've always bought my mice from the local pet shop (not a retail chain one) and never had any problems, never tried mail order

LillyCrystalHarry
1.2.0 corns, 1.1.0 cats tropical guppies who continually breed

Go to Top of Page

tarotpodge
Hatchling

433 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  21:30:45  Show Profile  Click to see tarotpodge's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
im considering mail order. As when i go to buy from my local pet shop, they always have every other size of mouse other than what i need/ want. I used to breed mice(many moons ago). and what they sell as a xlarge mouse is not my idea of a xlarge mouse. But i am cautious. Dont want to buy something that i cant see b4 i buy. One mans xlarge mouse is another mans normal sized mouse (if that makes sense)

2.0.3 Corns, Creamsicle(Phoenix), Ghost motley(Savanna), 2x carolina(Indiana+Severus), Amel stripe (Frazzle).
0.3.0 Dogs, Shar pei cross, Staff and Dalmation 0.3.0 Cats 2.0.0 Chinchillas 7.11.23 Tropical fish 1.0.0 Iguana
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  21:57:12  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tordyjo

I wouldn't feed thawed and then refrozen food, would you want to eat a chicken that had been frozen then thawed and then refrozen

but we're talking about a snake's digestive system not a humans......corns are opportunistic and will happily eat something a few days dead
there is no Food Hygiene Certificate for the preparation of snake food!

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  22:00:24  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tordyjo

I wouldn't feed thawed and then refrozen food, would you want to eat a chicken that had been frozen then thawed and then refrozen, i wouldn't, the bugs that could have grown etc, i've always bought my mice from the local pet shop (not a retail chain one) and never had any problems, never tried mail order

i have thawed an refrozen an feed rethawed before without issue, a snake will eat what it can in the wild dead or alive, they digest food differnt to us, they eat raw chicks which could potentialy kill us remember. the only time i wouldnt refreeze was if it had been heated up to get a better feeding response

EDIT sorry gp must of been typing this at same time lol

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Edited by - a33272 on 18/06/2011 22:01:22
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000