shed.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jackk94
Hatchling

United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  12:42:41  Show Profile  Click to see Jackk94's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
do cornsakes hide away when coming into a shedding period!? only got her 2 weeks ago and i think she's going into shed but i'm not too sure. she's gone paler but i never noticed the blue tinge over the eyes. she's also hiding away a lot

thanks

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  13:00:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mine always seem to hide away more when they are coming into shed, but you could just have a shy snake
Go to Top of Page

Nicole.x
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
32 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  13:02:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've only had one shed so far with my corn but she was the same - kept hidden for a few days, then the day before I found her shed she was very active continually crawling over her hide and up the sides of her RUB :)
Go to Top of Page

Danny919
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
30 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  16:48:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think this depends on the snake im not to sure but my corn always hides when hes in blue. Its always in the same hide aswell, and he just stays there for about a week and half i just keep changing the water and feeding as normal and after a week and half hes shed and back to his normal active self lol :P hope this has helped :)
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  18:57:33  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It varies from snake to snake. Some react to being in shed by hiding, some become very defensive, some won't feed etc, etc and others will just carry on as normal. It's all pretty much normal....

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Jackk94
Hatchling

United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  19:27:50  Show Profile  Click to see Jackk94's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
how long does the whole phase take from start to finish then?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000