New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vixyg
Hatchling

United Kingdom
259 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2011 :  22:21:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am happy again now, chilli was in a better mood today and agreed to come out and play. I think she might shed soon but am not sure as i dont have much to compare it to but her colours seem a bit duller and darker and her belly check looks really grey and im sure it was a lot blacker but i cant be certain cos its the first time ive handled her properly since she has been home with me. oh well im rambling cos nobody else is interested so you lot get it all! :o) anyway the short of it, after yesterdays grumpy failure, i finally got a long awaited cuddle! and is it normal that she was fed monday and still hasnt poo'd or anything??? I guess only time will tell on the shedding! Im just a little bit excited about it!

0.1.0 miami corn (Chilli)
1.0.0 snow corn (Charlie)
1.0.0 cat (Sprout)
1.0.0 fiance (Matt)
1.0.0 Offspring (Jordan)

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2011 :  22:37:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good on ya for not been put off, sometimes they do have off days where they want left alone. If she is dulling down its likely to be a shed on its way, keep an eye out for the milky looking belly, classic first sign and really easy to see if your snake has the checkerboard belly.

They poo when they poo unfortunately, sometimes a few days after eating but what goes in isn't what comes out a few days later so it depends what she ate and when she last ate before this feed as to when it comes out.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Vixyg
Hatchling

United Kingdom
259 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2011 :  23:26:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks bob! Once again you come to my rescue! I would definately say her belly is looking milky and the top of her head looks really dull aswell, although the rest of her just looks darker than normal. I havent noticed any difference in her eyes though but then maybe i just dont know what im looking for! I think i just caught her offguard yesterday, today i waited for her to come to me and eventually she came to see what was going on, with her favorite log in tow though! Problem with her being so long is by the time one end is out, the other end is wrapped round something else! :o)

0.1.0 miami corn (Chilli)
1.0.0 snow corn (Charlie)
1.0.0 cat (Sprout)
1.0.0 fiance (Matt)
1.0.0 Offspring (Jordan)
Go to Top of Page

ntbryenton-rochard
Hatchling

165 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2011 :  08:08:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My snake went for 2 weeks without pooing when he went into shed. I was a bit worried but he did a MASSIVE poo as soon as he had shed. I am no expert but my snake was fine and is back to his normal movements now so it could just be that they are less likely to go to the toilet when in shed. Perhaps more experienced members will correct me if I am wrong.

1.2.0 kids (Joshua-14, Katie-6 Holly-3)
1.0.0 Corn snake (Amazon-16 months)
1.0.0 Whites tree frog (Froggy-unknown age but owned for 3 years)
0.1.0 Dog (Sophie-11 years)
1.0.0 Cat (Charlie-9 years)
1.0.0 Guineapig (Rox-8 months)
0.1.0 Rabbit (Snowball-3 years)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000