New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

S_Billing
Snake Mite

18 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2011 :  03:18:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hiya,

This is my adopted corn, pretty sure it's an Amel if I've I.D'd it properly. I haven't thought of a proper name yet, and contrary to tradition in our house (well, what I'm trying to make tradition!) it's called IT instead of being named after a transformer (my half sibling to be is currently going to be called Starscream)

First feed about 6 or 7 weeks ago

S_Billing
Snake Mite

18 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2011 :  04:23:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Decided that while I was up I should have a go at getting IT friendlier towards me, the result was this;

Sitting in my hand, nice and still for a good 5 minutes IT still wanted to go exploring over my hands and tops of my legs, but wasn't thrashing around like a mad thing, really wasn't alot more than just moving around

Go to Top of Page

Sammyjean
Snake Mite

5 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2011 :  04:31:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats good, you are probably really calm and gentle with your snake. I just got a snake and he would hang out with me like that or sometimes want to move around. Very nice looking snake :)
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2011 :  09:44:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww he's cute. I think Cousin It suits him with him being so much the opposite to the character. I wanted to call my millipede Optimus but my daughter wouldn't let me lol!

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

S_Billing
Snake Mite

18 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2011 :  10:33:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sammyjean

Thats good, you are probably really calm and gentle with your snake. I just got a snake and he would hang out with me like that or sometimes want to move around. Very nice looking snake :)

Cheers I try to be gentle, I worry about hurting it, so am very cautious of picking it up for that reason. I'm making a point to follow the handling advice in the caresheet so I don't stress it out or anything

quote:
Originally posted by Mort13

Aww he's cute. I think Cousin It suits him with him being so much the opposite to the character. I wanted to call my millipede Optimus but my daughter wouldn't let me lol!

It could work, I just couldn;t think of anything better at the time, so for 6 weeks has been referred to as IT. My stepmum won't let me call the upcoming baby Starscream

But I will anyway

Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2011 :  10:45:31  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
cute little snake

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2011 :  11:03:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
aw very cute

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2011 :  12:35:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww cute little thing, dont forget to clean out the water bowl if the snake poops in there, and unluckily for you if you've got a bowl pooper then you'll probably be doing that a lot.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

S_Billing
Snake Mite

18 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2011 :  13:15:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had noticed that when I took the picture and cleaned it out straight away. First time it's happened, so hopefully won't be a regular thing and the once daily changes will carry on

Go to Top of Page

S_Billing
Snake Mite

18 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2011 :  01:42:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is becoming ever more friendly, before I was having a little bit of a mission trying to pick it up from the tank, but today it barely moved away at all, definately making progress

I didn't have my camera, but did have my phone, which unfortunately doesn't have anti blur, I'm now trying to email it across :) I got a close up of Julian the big one :)

He's awesome, very calm and doesn't mind being handled at all, barely even tries to wriggle away when put on the bed lol

And one I found in my album of him having a munch

Go to Top of Page

S_Billing
Snake Mite

18 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2011 :  01:44:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here you go, please excuse the bluriness, IT moved I'll hopefully get a good one soon

Edited by - S_Billing on 17/06/2011 01:44:42
Go to Top of Page

S_Billing
Snake Mite

18 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2011 :  22:38:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
4 days between going blue and shedding, just like I was advised, the one night I decide to go out!

measured the shed at 45cm(ish) so fairly happy, considering IT wasn't much bigger than a Biro. I need to go read the caresheet to check my idea of how to get the tail tip off (damp kitchen roll in my hand) as there's about 2-3mm left on IT. Eye caps came away fine though, and the shed is in one piece

Go to Top of Page

S_Billing
Snake Mite

18 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2011 :  01:38:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got the tip off, just wetted my finger and thumb and let the snake run through, then when the tail came close gripped slightly harder (was very careful not to squeeze too hard!) I've had a thought on the name, but only if it's not been used before, I was reading about how the ideal shape of the snake should be like a loaf of bread, and thought of Hovis :) Really awful name, but better than IT imo.

Seeing as this is the photo forum, and as such any thread in here would be useless without pichers

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000