New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jordy845
Hatchling

United Kingdom
191 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  18:30:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey guys, chii hasnt eaten for 4-6 weeks now, it said on her chart that she last ate on the 9th April.

iv tried near enough everything and i have no idea what it is.

tried:
braining
warming up with hair dryer
letting blood drip out the nose
leaaving in covered faun overnight
dangling infront
lightly touching her with the pinkie

i don't handle her 5 days prior to a feed, and only try to feed her once a week.

shes only a hatchie so im very worried. she is still very active, scaling the walls of her faun.

she hasnt shed yet, however i have not seen her go into blue, and she is not yet showing any signs of going into blue.

the temps in her faun are all fine and perfect. and i only handle her after those 5 days up to the feed.

ny help would be appriciated. thankyou :)

Jordy :3

0.1.0 Amel Corn - Chihiro R.I.P
1.0.0 Snow Corn - Sachi
0.1.0 Snow Corn - Stella

jordy845
Hatchling

United Kingdom
191 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  18:30:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry not 9th April, 9th May, sorry >.<

1.0.0 Snow Corn - Sachi
0.1.0 Snow Corn - Stella
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  19:11:12  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
tbh that's no time at all really but........
has she ever fed for you?
you say your temps are 'fine' but what are they and how are you measuring/monitoring it?
how big is chihiro?
how big is the enclosure?
what's the set-up like?

i'd certainly not be handling her at all till she's taken at least 3 consecutive feeds....

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

jordy845
Hatchling

United Kingdom
191 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  19:20:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
no she hasnt fed for me, i have her feeding chart, when first got her gave her a good week to settle in
temps controlled by thermostat, 25-29
chii is about 12" maybe a tiny bit more
she was born 18th april 2011
enclosure is a faunarium about 15"-16.5" Length, about 82-9" width
she has water on her cld side, hides on each side of the faun, and green vines all over to climb over and a fish tank standing rubber plant(never been in a fish tank was brought new) in the middle

1.0.0 Snow Corn - Sachi
0.1.0 Snow Corn - Stella
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  19:40:36  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
try moving her into a much smaller enclosure, like a cricket/livefoods tub, then give her another week to settle in and try offering her another pinkie, leaving it in the tub with her overnight, and even the next day too

Go to Top of Page

jordy845
Hatchling

United Kingdom
191 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  23:05:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok will try and see how it goes, thankyou

1.0.0 Snow Corn - Sachi
0.1.0 Snow Corn - Stella
Go to Top of Page

Diesel1994
Hatchling

United Kingdom
338 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2011 :  00:17:51  Show Profile  Visit Diesel1994's Homepage  Click to see Diesel1994's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
with a few of mine i have found they are just abit shy, if you get a small plastic box, like the ones takeaways come in, around 9, lock the snake in here with 1 or 2 pinkies, usually come back in 15-20 mins and they will already have started eating

Owner of Renza Exotics - www.renzapets.co.uk
For all your Exotic & Domestic pet needs
Go to Top of Page

tarotpodge
Hatchling

433 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2011 :  09:32:59  Show Profile  Click to see tarotpodge's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
How are you defrosting the food? In warm water or at room tempreture. One of mine will only eat if it is left to thaw at room tempreture. If i thaw it in warm water she turns her nose up at it.

2.0.3 Corns, Creamsicle(Phoenix), Ghost motley(Savanna), 2x carolina(Indiana+Severus), Amel stripe (Frazzle).
0.3.0 Dogs, Shar pei cross, Staff and Dalmation 0.3.0 Cats 2.0.0 Chinchillas 7.11.23 Tropical fish 1.0.0 Iguana
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2011 :  11:12:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My female housie was very particular about how she was fed to beging with. Gingerpony has given you great advice. The only other thing that could help is if you put her in a smaller tub,is to place it somewher enclosed or to stick some card around the sides so its darker and will feel more secure (obviously not covering any air holes). This was the only way my female fed to begin with.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2011 :  13:21:39  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tarotpodge

If i thaw it in warm water she turns her nose up at it.

because it become 'boil in the bag' mouse

Go to Top of Page

jordy845
Hatchling

United Kingdom
191 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2011 :  15:40:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i tried thawing them out in hot water and nothing, but now i leave them at room temp to defrost :) yea she is in a little takeaway box at the moment, with a small (very small) water bowl and half a loo roll tube to hide under :)
she did pass some poop and stuff yesterday so im hoping this may be a good sign that she is clearing her digestive system out ready for food, i could be wrong ^^ but im getting hopfull about her next attempted feed on saturday :)

1.0.0 Snow Corn - Sachi
0.1.0 Snow Corn - Stella
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2011 :  17:21:33  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
just try not to stress, they can go ages without eating, i had 4 hatchies one year that didn't eat at all for about 4 months

Go to Top of Page

tarotpodge
Hatchling

433 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2011 :  17:37:33  Show Profile  Click to see tarotpodge's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

quote:
Originally posted by tarotpodge

If i thaw it in warm water she turns her nose up at it.

because it become 'boil in the bag' mouse

Was taught this method of defrosting on a BTEC National diploma in animal care, course. We learn from our mistakes and through experiance. Text books dont know everything :-)

2.0.3 Corns, Creamsicle(Phoenix), Ghost motley(Savanna), 2x carolina(Indiana+Severus), Amel stripe (Frazzle).
0.3.0 Dogs, Shar pei cross, Staff and Dalmation 0.3.0 Cats 2.0.0 Chinchillas 7.11.23 Tropical fish 1.0.0 Iguana
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2011 :  18:10:37  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
and that's exactly why it's great that there's such a wealth of experience on this forum

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000