New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mkmattyk
banned

United Kingdom
837 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2011 :  00:01:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
im a newby to this so sorry for sounding to over the top, but ive had my crimson corn snake for about 3-4 weeks now and when i bought him i did as i was told, to leave him for about a week to get used to his viv. after that i fed him (not asking when the pet shop had fed him last)sorry. and afew days later i found two pieces of what i can only think of as his regured pinky, so on the advise i left him for a week to two weeks then try feeding him again, so i did but after 4days he has regured the tinest bit (looks like the pinkys tail). i cant help but think im doing something wrong... can any of you help???

mkmattyk
banned

United Kingdom
837 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2011 :  00:03:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry his around 18 inches in length if that gives you any idea of how old he is
Go to Top of Page

mkmattyk
banned

United Kingdom
837 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2011 :  00:04:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
(sorry again) i feed him on a friday dinner and leave him till tues pm
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2011 :  00:06:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, could you give us some information about your setup, so type of enclousre, how it's heated, how the temps are controlled, how your reading the temps, what the temps are etc etc.

Go to Top of Page

mkmattyk
banned

United Kingdom
837 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2011 :  07:16:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well its a plastic viv that was recommened, its got a heat mat under the viv and is controlled by a ministat 100, the temp on the warn side is between 84-88 and the cooler side arount 78-82 both sides have a digital thermometer, and a hydrometer at the cool end is between moderate and dry hope that helps
Go to Top of Page

mkmattyk
banned

United Kingdom
837 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2011 :  07:20:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the substrate is repti maize, theres two hides, and coconut at the cool end and a small cave hide at the warm end, a humid box and a small watering hole at the cool end, and this bendable stick thingy her him to climb in and around the tank
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2011 :  08:24:00  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
set up sounds fine, was it definitely a regurge though? the smell should give it away!!

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

mkmattyk
banned

United Kingdom
837 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2011 :  08:34:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well thats what confused me, the first time deffo regurge it smelled pretty bad, but second time it stayed in (i think) longer but it didnt smell at all, but i watched him regurge, he went pretty much straight for head to tail then like a wave his body when flat from tail to head, his mouth opened and this grey bit came out, its pretty small but deffo doesnt smell. i think it might be a bit of subrate come to think of it (i use repti maize) ???
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2011 :  08:49:07  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you think it could be substrate then I would suggest getting a seperate empty feeding rub to put snake in. xxx

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/

Edited by - Mamma on 08/06/2011 09:43:03
Go to Top of Page

mkmattyk
banned

United Kingdom
837 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2011 :  08:53:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i was thinking that or using a larger grade of beech instead, ive got a cheap £5 plastic viv 6inch by 3inch might use that more often then, use it to put mike in it when im spot clening and clean the whole tank (mike is the snake lol)
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2011 :  09:20:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd definitely recommend feeding him in a seperate tub. It'll take away any doubt that it may have been some substrate on that second occasion.
If it does happen again (hopefully not) then you'll know its part of the mouse he's regurged and not substrate and can work from there.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

mkmattyk
banned

United Kingdom
837 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2011 :  14:16:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ill try that this friday guy, many thanks
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2011 :  14:25:19  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Let us know how you get on xx

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

mkmattyk
banned

United Kingdom
837 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2011 :  17:56:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi all, the plan worked on fri and it worked so much that i decided to feed him from 1 pinky every 7 days to 1 pinky every 5 days, i fed him this dinner andso far so good
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000