how to pick up!?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jackk94
Hatchling

United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  23:16:44  Show Profile  Click to see Jackk94's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
obviously the snake is going to slither around and avoid being handled so how do you do it? Just pick them up!? when she's in my hand she's fine slithering in and out of my fingers and up my arm. its just picking her up, she rattles her tail and tries to get away. :(

she's a baby about 4/5 months and i've had her about a week.

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  23:54:58  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just be confident. If you go in a bit timid the snake will pick up on it and can get them stressed. Try not to surprise them from above coz they don't like that either. My Pandora has occasionally got a bit stressy about coming out, with a tail rattle and a tight s shape striking pose, but she's been fine lately. And if you only had your snake about a week she's probably still getting used to everything and should settle soon enough.

Be confident, try and approach from the side and keep your hand flat as you go to pick her up. Works for my lot doing it that way.

Corns: 1.1 Anery, 1.1 Butter, 1.0 Carolina, 0.1 Hypo, 1.1 Snow, 1.0 Sunkissed
Boas: 0.1 Arabesque, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 0.1 Crawl Cay, 1.1 Hogg Island X, 0.1 Hypo Hogg, 0.1 Kahl Albino (poss coral)

Edited by - ptmbradley on 07/06/2011 23:57:28
Go to Top of Page

LucyB
Snake Mite

47 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2011 :  08:12:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was really nervous of picking Rio up at first so I just grab him and lift him out - if I tried to do it slowly I'd get jumpy and nervous! It helps if he is all coiled up though so i can grab a few coils at once!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000