Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

teamoxton
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  21:28:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi this is my first post...
I got my first snake on Friday just gone. Im learning about everything at the moment and wanted to ask is it normal for a corn to pee on you?? I was holding him this morning and stroking his stomach and my partner was looking at his tail then he just peed! It was white and yellow but had some black/brown in it which was much thicker... im guessing this was poop. I read on a different forum that it might be a defence mechanism? Does this mean he doesn't like us?
Any info would be highly appreciated, thanks.

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  21:42:36  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
sounds like poo and urates.....i doubt it was musking which is a defence

i guess he just needed to go lol

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  21:43:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yup, welcome to the poop club :P
And no, dont worry, it doesn't mean he doesn't like you! Musking is a defense mechanism, and I don't think corns do that! They'll just go when they need to, no regard for if they're in the aspen or on your lap!
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  22:03:21  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
They quite often like to poop on us. The movement and massage of holding them usually stimulates them to go if they are ready. You will learn to recognise the signs that they are about to 'go' and have a towel or kitchen roll ready

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

nusnakemum
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1612 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2011 :  07:59:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yup you are in the poo club,Clyde rarely misses a chance to poo on us, always have kitchen roll handy ha ha.(not gonna be so great when he,s fully grown eeeeuuuw)

0.0.1 corn Ernest
0.1.0 leopard gecko Mrs T
1.0.0 anery Black Eyed Bill RIP Bill x
2.0.0 kids
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2011 :  09:19:22  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the club!! I think most of us have been pooped on at some time.....oh the joys of snake ownership!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

FiestaSTLou
Yearling

United Kingdom
556 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2011 :  12:01:17  Show Profile  Visit FiestaSTLou's Homepage  Click to see FiestaSTLou's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Just be thankfull it was ur hand and not your bed like me.. lmao!

Go to Top of Page

smurflittle
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2011 :  13:12:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yep, i got pooped on for the first time last night!!! as she was very gracefully gliding over my lap she did the deed right over my pocket. and god dont it stink. it was vile!!
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2011 :  13:38:43  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yus deffo poop and urates lol.

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

Diesel1994
Hatchling

United Kingdom
338 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2011 :  00:36:23  Show Profile  Visit Diesel1994's Homepage  Click to see Diesel1994's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
if you think thats bad, you dont want to imagine what came out when i had to maasge the last egg from my female, until then you have seen nothing! ;)

Owner of Renza Exotics - www.renzapets.co.uk
For all your Exotic & Domestic pet needs
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2011 :  01:17:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha, you stroked her tummy and made her poop. It happens to everyone eventually, welcome to the crapped on club.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Only1Nitro
Hatchling

United Kingdom
160 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2011 :  09:59:53  Show Profile  Visit Only1Nitro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
a club that i am not yet part of lol
must be lucky

Male Charcoal = Sterling
Female Carolina = Fofo
Female Butter = Amarelo
12 Eggs
Go to Top of Page

meggi
Hatchling

United Kingdom
321 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2011 :  22:41:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Omg! I haaaaate snake poo its the only thing I'd change about corns. And can they poo in their vivs?? Of course they can't !!
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2011 :  22:49:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you saw what comes out of a Royal Python or even worse a Boa you'd love your corns little pellets. My Royal does them bigger than my dog and the Boa unleashes a tidal wave of wee along with a poo a great dane would be proud of.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000