General Posts
 A little disappointed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Yearling

950 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2011 :  17:09:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just had Vin out for a cuddle, the 1st time I've really handled him since his return as I fed him the day I collected, and I've noticed he had a bit of retained shed on his tail tip.

It was stuck up so I spotted it quickly but even a bath and wet kitchen towel hasn't removed it his tail tip looks a touch dark, but he's always had a blackmarking on his tail tip so may be nothing. Just a bit disappointed it wasn't noticed in the shop, they looked after him so well and he looks really healthy, hope he doesn't lose his tip. Will have him out for further investigation tomorrow, he behaved very well while we checked his tail out though, I must say!

1.0.0 Carolina Motley Cornsnake - Vin, 0.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Rio, 0.1.0 IJJ Carpet Python - Luna, 0.1.0 Dwarf Sunfire Reticulated Python - Helia, 1.0.0 Royal Python - Jasper, 0.1.0 Spaniel - Jess; RIP Gypsy - a beautiful girl through and through, 0.1.0 Rabbit - Binky, RIP Indy, Jan 2010 - Aug 2011, and Ace, Jan 2009 - Aug 2011

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2011 :  19:14:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just one of those things, would have happened no matter where he was. It may be nothing though like you say, bit of a soak and a massage and it may come off.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Yearling

950 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2011 :  19:32:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Going to have him out for another look tomorrow, I know it can't really be helped, think I just feel a bit bad for leaving him when he was in blue! He's very lively though and starting to thicken up a bit now he's on fuzzies

1.0.0 Carolina Motley Cornsnake - Vin, 0.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Rio, 0.1.0 IJJ Carpet Python - Luna, 0.1.0 Dwarf Sunfire Reticulated Python - Helia, 1.0.0 Royal Python - Jasper, 0.1.0 Spaniel - Jess; RIP Gypsy - a beautiful girl through and through, 0.1.0 Rabbit - Binky, RIP Indy, Jan 2010 - Aug 2011, and Ace, Jan 2009 - Aug 2011
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2011 :  19:56:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like he is doing well, it may right itself at the next shed, just be at the ready to assist if needs be, you can try shedease or something like that.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2011 :  20:11:51  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
it takes a much longer period of time for a piece of stuck shed to cause a problem, try not to worry and just enjoy both of you being back home

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Yearling

950 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2011 :  21:51:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the reassurance I've had very little to worry about with Vin as he's always been really chilled out! Even though I've now owned a snake for 6 months, I'm not experienced with snakey problems!

So glad to be back with him, its amazing how much you can miss them with their little characters!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000