New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2011 :  01:03:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
at the min we have a 2.5 foot viv sitting empty . kodi is growing in length rapidly , we recently upgraded her into a large faunarium and shes pretty much the length of it and a few inches of the width too . anyways we have kitted the viv ready for her to go into , it already has a bulb guard . however we wanted to see if she could fit through it (we didnt have the light on or anything and she did easily . so my question is shall i wait till shes thick enough so as she cant do this ? sounds like a stupid question i kno , but they didnt do any smaller guards in the shop , i havent seen any smaller than what we have anywhere . is there any solution other than to wait ? shes almost a year old and around 36 grams maybe more ?

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2011 :  01:06:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im pretty sure reptiles ink do suitable guards for younger corns. But if your snake can fit through the guard you have there is no point in using it so either get a guard that is suitable or use a mat until snake is big enough not to fit through the holes.

Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2011 :  01:48:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd just stick to a mat myself :)
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2011 :  11:17:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd ditch the bulb idea and just move her mat into the viv.

Or keep her in the faun a bit longer, I have a few yearlings of around the same weight and length who are still in 9L rubs and no way would I move them into a viv yet but I guess thats personal preference. Just make sure it's packed out with loads of hides.
Go to Top of Page

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2011 :  11:32:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a corn who's about 10 months, he weighs 60 something grams, put him in a 2ft viv and he wasn't happy so he's back in his large faun for a bit, i'll try him again in a few weeks probably after his next shed, although you can see him growing very quickly

LillyCrystalHarry
1.2.0 corns, 1.1.0 cats tropical guppies who continually breed

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000