wow
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kopite_di
Hatchling

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2011 :  16:10:58  Show Profile  Click to see kopite_di's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
After checking Cillas weight and she was still only 16g at 5 months I decided to give her 2 pinkies and she took both no problem:) hoping she will put the weight on now .

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2011 :  20:56:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You wait until you switch to fuzzies, they don't half grow fast after they switch up a size.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

kopite_di
Hatchling

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2011 :  11:09:29  Show Profile  Click to see kopite_di's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Can't wait, When will I know she is ready for them ? X
Go to Top of Page

Yearling

950 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2011 :  16:47:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When the pinkies don't leave a visable bump anymore she'll be ready I think the general rule is as long as the food item isn't any bigger than 1.5 times the size of her head, or the thickest part of her body its ok.

It can be nerve-wracking moving them up, I was a wuss and let the lady at the reptile boarding centre move Vin up a size while I was away!

1.0.0 Carolina Motley Cornsnake - Vin, 0.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Rio, 0.1.0 IJJ Carpet Python - Luna, 0.1.0 Dwarf Sunfire Reticulated Python - Helia, 1.0.0 Royal Python - Jasper, 0.1.0 Spaniel - Jess; RIP Gypsy - a beautiful girl through and through, 0.1.0 Rabbit - Binky, RIP Indy, Jan 2010 - Aug 2011, and Ace, Jan 2009 - Aug 2011
Go to Top of Page

FiestaSTLou
Yearling

United Kingdom
556 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  11:45:16  Show Profile  Visit FiestaSTLou's Homepage  Click to see FiestaSTLou's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
LOL newbie i am having the same prob with my baby, its getting to the point the where his pinks are only leaving a faint lump, iv bought the fuzzies but they look so big!! I know im gna have to bite the bullet soon and try him on one haha!

Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  12:18:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Scary that first time isn't it. I did the same and bought some small fuzzies so I could compare them to my snake.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

stuart619
Hatchling

United Kingdom
230 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  13:26:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My youngest corn missed her first couple of feeds due to the fact that the pet shop communal fed all the hatchlings in the same tub (Please no cohabitation debate) so was very small when I got her.

After switching to fuzzies she was just under a year old and doubled her birth weight in about 2 months it was amazing how quick she grew. Now she is on medium mice and still growing nicely.

I heard that the first 100g is the hardest after that they grow quite quick. Certainly the rule with mine.

Go to Top of Page

FiestaSTLou
Yearling

United Kingdom
556 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  13:41:01  Show Profile  Visit FiestaSTLou's Homepage  Click to see FiestaSTLou's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yeah stuart my baby is about 10 months old and tbh has not grown alot since we got him last oct, shes got a tad longer but width wide not that much, i only give him 1 or 2 pinks every 7 days as i dont wanna over feed him, but when he gets to fuzzies i expect he will grow faster. :)

Go to Top of Page

stuart619
Hatchling

United Kingdom
230 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  18:15:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is amazing just how quick they do grow once they start. From her records, she hatched on 10/12/09 and it took her unitl 06/02/11 to get to 30g. that's 30g at over a year old.

Then from 06/02/11 to 06/05/11 (3 months) she was 109g. That's 79g in 3 months.

Only problem is her attitude is growing just as fast now

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  18:35:54  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If she takes 2 pinkies without any problems during or after the feed then I'd use the remainder of your pinkies up (if you've got any left) then put her on fuzzies. She should be fine on fuzzies from now on....

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

kopite_di
Hatchling

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  21:56:43  Show Profile  Click to see kopite_di's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys , she only hatched in Jan this year and is 16g so I guess I got a while yet, 1 thing I have noticed is she is much more active this week but still shy's away from me when I get her out then wriggles like mad x
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000