Royal pythons v's corns?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LucyB
Snake Mite

47 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2011 :  09:27:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well before we got our first corn I was quite torn between corns and royals but decided to go with the most reccommended 'begginner/childrens' option as I was a little nervous, having never owned or even picked up a snake before! 10 days in and I am totally smitten and have definately caught the bug - I believe I actually went into some sort of withdrawal in the 48hr after feeding when I had to leave our snake alone!
So, I am already thinking about getting another snake and whilst I'd love another corn, I also am very tempted by a royal.... I researched the care differences and know about the feeding issues with royals but can anyone with any experience of both give me a better idea of how they both compare temperament wise etc?
Have tried to register on TRP forum but after 2 days I still haven't recieved email :/

Thanks for any advice x

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2011 :  09:33:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LucyB

Have tried to register on TRP forum but after 2 days I still haven't recieved email :/

Thanks for any advice x

You wont get an email confirming your acceptance it is just a case of trying to login every now and then.

Just checked the members list seems your membership has been activated. If you cant login let me know.

Go to Top of Page

LucyB
Snake Mite

47 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2011 :  09:49:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah brilliant..... thank you gmac. Had wondered if that was the case so had tried to log in a few times but obviously hadn't waited long enough!
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2011 :  13:18:38  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ok my opinion on royals......
if you handle them too much, they won't feed
if your set-up isn't right, they won't feed
if you're a stressy owner, they won't feed
if you look at them the wrong way, they won't feed........

they have got to be one of the most boring snakes ever IMO, just make sure you have the viv done out really nicely cos that's all you'll ever see!

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2011 :  13:28:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey , i have both corns and a royal . we have had problems with the royal feeding , he has fed once in two months . however its what they do , they kno best and will eat when they want . my one corn is a total dustbin and will eat every day im sure given the chance , she tries to make u think shes starving all the time . yet my other corn is a fussy feeder . im glad i ave both however im looking into getting a dwarf boa ;)

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2011 :  13:37:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had a royal, I got too stressed over it not feeding so gave it to an experienced keeper who got it feeding again with no trouble and he is keeping it.

I wont get a royal again! I agree with GP!

Go to Top of Page

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2011 :  14:46:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love my royal
I must have a magical one though - he's never missed a feed (even eats when he's shedding!) and is out and about quite a lot!

They are a lot less active than corns for the most part, and both can be really docile and lovely
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000