Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dyln
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2011 :  10:20:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi everyone ...
my corn is 14 months old and has always been a great eater. but 4 months ago it was moved to a new viv cos it outgrown it and since then it wont eat and yes i have looked through other posts regarding snakes not eating. it reacts to the dead rat pup or fuzzy mouse (rat pups were its usual food) straight away like it used to but it pulls away just as its nose/toungue touches it.it has shed its skin 3 times since it stopped eating on its own and all sheds have been complete sheds.
it doesnt look underweight and is just as lively in its viv and there is no sign of mites. after 2.5 months i put the corn in a small tub with airholes and a "brained" dead rat pup, left it over night and it ate it,great, but after that nothing not even in a tub then 2 weeks ago it ate one in a tub again but again nothing after that not even in a tub. now its eyes have gone a cloudy grey so a skin shedding is due. it hasnt pood for a while but if its not eating it wont will it.
please can anyone suggest anything else to try if not i will take it to vets after it has shed its skin.
thanx ...darren

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2011 :  10:31:00  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is your corn male or female?

I am having similar probs with my corn Griffin, He hasnt eaten in 5 weeks. Like you I have tried many things. Hes a good weight etc so Im not overly worried about any weight loss etc. I personaly feel that he will eat when he is hungry. Like other healthy living creatures they wont starve themselves.

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2011 :  10:58:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How big is he and what size viv have you moved him into?

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000