Is he small??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cattNmo
Hatchling

182 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2011 :  20:28:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've just seen a post from some one with a 190g 36' 10 month old. Now its get me worried? Is that large for its age or at 38g 23' 10 month old is o small. I know like every thing they all grow at different rates. He now feeds 1 fluff every 5 days, sheds every 4 weeks.

Just fussing again i'm sure. But if i'm doing something not right then I'd like to find out.

Three corns, a dog, a cat, 2 kids and a future husband, Yes its a MAD HOUSE in leicester area.

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2011 :  20:34:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't worry, that is very big for a 10 month old corn.

I have some under a year old that range from 22g-140g. They vary alot.
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2011 :  20:44:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats ridiculously big for a 10 month old..... and yes, corns vary hugely in size, don't go by other peoples snakes all that much as they are all so different.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2011 :  11:06:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its nothing to worry about at all. My corns are all coming up to a year old in June/July and they each weigh 49,80 and 104 grams.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

Callazagy
Yearling

United Kingdom
506 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2011 :  12:35:19  Show Profile  Click to see Callazagy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thats good to know, mines 13month old at just over 60g. I was also getting worried after looking at that post.

* 2.1 Corn Snakes (Arthas - Normal, Tilion - Anery Lav, Yavanna - Stripe) * 1.1 Cape House Snake (Jenson & Ginetta) * 1.0 Carpet Python (Irian Jaya Jag - Grantly) *
* 1.0 Amazon Tree Boa (Omen) * 1.1.2 Crested Geckos (Brindle, Harley, Noumea & Farino) * 0.0.2 Gargoyle Geckos (Pazuzu & Vesper) *
* 0.0.1 Mexican Red Leg Tarantula (Aragog) * 1.1 Leopard Geckos (Kara & Darwin) * 1.0 Dog (Labrador - Barney) * 1.0 Cat (Casper) *
* 1.0 Western Hognose (Hamilton) * 1.0 Apricot Pueblan Milk Snake (Tweek) * 0.0.2 Common Musk Turtles (Erin & Ira) *
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2011 :  12:48:00  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Romeo is comg up a year and is only 22g. As said before every snake is different

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2011 :  14:54:56  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
3' long at 10 months old??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!!!!! (and possibly overfed)

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2011 :  16:20:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This was from a post over in pictures. It is a big snake for its age but its not obese or anything, perfectly healthy just fed slightly more frequently so has grown quicker. Even with the slightly more frequent feeds I think its still growing fast. It has been advised to lenghten the gap between feeds which the owner has taken on board but some snakes are just going to grow more quickly than others and I'd say even if it was fed every 7 days rather than every 5 it would still be a big snake.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky

Edited by - lotabob on 30/05/2011 16:20:22
Go to Top of Page

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2011 :  16:36:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I suppose in a way snakes are like humans and everything else in life, you have big children and little children who all grow at different rates doesn't make any of them any less healthy, lifestyle just needs to adapt as things age and grow into adult hood

LillyCrystalHarry
1.2.0 corns, 1.1.0 cats tropical guppies who continually breed

Go to Top of Page

cattNmo
Hatchling

182 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2011 :  18:26:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you guys, helped to put my mine at rest. He is a very health boy and loves his food. I'm sure he'll soon grow

Three corns, a dog, a cat, 2 kids and a future husband, Yes its a MAD HOUSE in leicester area.
Go to Top of Page

Only1Nitro
Hatchling

United Kingdom
160 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2011 :  21:20:55  Show Profile  Visit Only1Nitro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i must admit i was guilty i fed my hatching more frequently than usual but i had read up on it some ware that it was safe and my yearling corn was very large for her age, i don't do that now and the rate of growth of my newbies is no ware near as quick.
hope this helps

Male Charcoal = Sterling
Female Carolina = Fofo
Female Butter = Amarelo
12 Eggs
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000