Shedding...is this normal?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MsThomson
Hatchling

United Kingdom
134 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2011 :  21:25:46  Show Profile  Visit MsThomson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi... I didnt think Mrs west was going to shed anytime soon as she hasnt gone a blue/grey (not even her eyes, not that i noticed anyway!) I fed her yesterday and she ate fine, ive left her as she was digesting but just had a sneaky peek at her and shes under her kitche towel looking all narky and has loose bits of shed seeming to come off her! Im not going to handle her until tomorrow, and even then im not sure if i should with this seemingly patchy shedding.
Is it normal for it to come off in bits? Is it not meant to come off from the face inside out as this seems more sloughy than anything!!

Thanks in advance for any answers x

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2011 :  21:35:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ideally the shed comes off in one piece, maybe even a few pieces but if the shed is coming off like she is exploding out of it then you can probably chalk this one up asd a bad shed. http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12296 Cant go wrong with this thread.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

MsThomson
Hatchling

United Kingdom
134 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2011 :  23:20:44  Show Profile  Visit MsThomson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Lotabob. Hopefully there will be more for me to take away in the morning...her water bowl had a big chunk of belly shed in it... poor wee thing... I will get the timing right next time hopefully and have a damp hide or something similar at the ready.

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2011 :  23:40:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It happens, Spot's last one was a bad one, came off in bits, I was there when he was shedding and just soaked him straight away and it came off. Though a damp hide now will help to get the rest off. Tail and eyecaps are the priority, anything else could in theory be left on and as its been a bad shed its likely she will shed again very soon. The pillowcase method is supposed to be good too though I've never tried it.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000