New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

grantcia
Egg

United Kingdom
87 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  09:35:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah i dont see me little mate out that much only if i turn the light on at night to get something.
i think he is shy it took him a while to settle in , i got him a viv which he seems more than happy in, i did not like him in a plastic box .
are corn nocturnal animals .

thanks Grant

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  09:37:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds perfectly normal.

Mine don't come out much at all during the day, if they do venture out it's normaly in the evening.

Half of my corns I never see!
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  09:39:27  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I find that Mim comes out alot but shes a king snake. My 2 corns dont come out during the day... well Griffin on rare occasion comes out

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  12:15:18  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I've not seen Dakota out exploring much either but she's still settling in to her new home, she waits till coast is clear before coming out lol

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.
Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  12:23:38  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have 3 corns and a brb. 2 in vivs, 1 in a terrarium and 1 in a rub. It's not very often that I see them, although Buster especially will show from time to time. He likes lying over the heat, but not in his warm hide. He likes lying in the corner behind the hide under a plant.

Corns: 1.1 Anery, 1.1 Butter, 1.0 Carolina, 0.1 Hypo, 1.1 Snow, 1.0 Sunkissed
Boas: 0.1 Arabesque, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 0.1 Crawl Cay, 1.1 Hogg Island X, 0.1 Hypo Hogg, 0.1 Kahl Albino (poss coral)

Go to Top of Page

grantcia
Egg

United Kingdom
87 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  17:09:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh really thanks everyone i seem to find stan loves his cold hide more lol

ta Grant
Go to Top of Page

nusnakemum
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1612 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  18:31:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeh Clyde is more of a cool hide snake too

0.0.1 corn Ernest
0.1.0 leopard gecko Mrs T
1.0.0 anery Black Eyed Bill RIP Bill x
2.0.0 kids
Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  21:02:00  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Eira my snow corn is ALWAYS on the cool side. She actually gets me quite worried with how cold she feels, but I guess she knows what she wants a lot more than I do. When I feed her I make sure she goes back into her warm hide, but even then she normally comes out after a few minutes and moves to her cold hide.

In case anyone is going to suggest the mat is too hot, it's shared with Buster, who spends most of his time in the warmth! Neither of them seem to be affected by their choice of temp so I've stopped worrying so much now. Seems to be only Pandora who regularly moves from hide to hide and regulates properly! Just shows how different these snakes can be, and what works for one certainly doesn't guarantee working for another!

Corns: 1.1 Anery, 1.1 Butter, 1.0 Carolina, 0.1 Hypo, 1.1 Snow, 1.0 Sunkissed
Boas: 0.1 Arabesque, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 0.1 Crawl Cay, 1.1 Hogg Island X, 0.1 Hypo Hogg, 0.1 Kahl Albino (poss coral)

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  21:04:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ptmbradley

Eira my snow corn is ALWAYS on the cool side. She actually gets me quite worried with how cold she feels, but I guess she knows what she wants a lot more than I do. When I feed her I make sure she goes back into her warm hide, but even then she normally comes out after a few minutes and moves to her cold hide.

In case anyone is going to suggest the mat is too hot, it's shared with Buster, who spends most of his time in the warmth! Neither of them seem to be affected by their choice of temp so I've stopped worrying so much now. Seems to be only Pandora who regularly moves from hide to hide and regulates properly! Just shows how different these snakes can be, and what works for one certainly doesn't guarantee working for another!

I have one corn like that. My anery that I rehomed from a lady who couldn't keep her anymore. She is hardly ever on the warm side. I used to worry about it but she eats fine, sheds fine etc etc and temps are spot on.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000