stat probe
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kopite_di
Hatchling

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2011 :  12:16:13  Show Profile  Click to see kopite_di's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Guys does the stat probe go inside the faun or outside or is it best to put heatmat inside faun rather than outside ?

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2011 :  12:20:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heatmat outside, under the faun.

Probe is up to you. I have tried both ways. Inside the tank is fine but it gets moved by the snake. Mine are now outside the tubs, fixed to the heatmats.
Go to Top of Page

kopite_di
Hatchling

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2011 :  12:25:14  Show Profile  Click to see kopite_di's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks I will try that and I've just found that the hole I made in lid of faun for the stat probe originally gets blocked nicely by the end of a berol pen :)
Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2011 :  14:25:47  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My stat probe sits on top of heat mat with faun on top and the therm probe is on bottom of faun in same position as stat probe and is held down by kitchen roll and hide. I didnt have to make any holes in my faun lid as there are already 2 little holes for probes.

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000