New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Danny919
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
30 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2011 :  18:14:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my snakes escaped, ive read the sticky on where to start looking, put a few bottle traps out, just ganna keep looking and hope i find him, any one else found a lost corn to give me some hope ?

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2011 :  20:33:51  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Several people have lost snakes, although the time to come back (if they do) does vary.
I had 3 escape at once last year when someone allowed a child near my vivs and all of them within reach got opened. They were all found within an hour.
My king escaped about 3 years ago, he was missing for a fortnight and was found in the flat upstairs.
Another of my corns escaped about 4 years ago and was found inside a computer tower about 2 days later.

They do quite often re-appear, however sometimes it can be weeks or even months.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2011 :  21:22:27  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

They do quite often re-appear, however sometimes it can be weeks or even months.

it's even been known to be a year or so before they're captured.....that's supposed to make you feel better not worse though more like a 'don't give up hope' kinda thing!

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Danny919
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
30 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2011 :  09:06:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all sorry i didnt update last nite but i found him behind my wardrobe, i pulled it out after emptying it and he was there, i new he wasnt going to far because saturday night is usaully his feeding time,when i found him he enjoyed tucking into 2 pinkies on my bed, first time i fed him out of his viv aswell so hes a confident eater,
Am just so glad ive found him ! He's a beaut
Go to Top of Page

tracym
Egg

United Kingdom
60 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2011 :  09:31:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So glad you found him, you must very relieved I haven't found Keo yet, its driving me nuts looking for him. I don't even know which room he is in as the viv is in the living room but the door was open to the hallway which in turns gives him access to upstair. If he has got to the kids bedrooms I don't think we have any chance of finding him!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000