New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dusk
Snake Mite

Ireland
19 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2011 :  23:58:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our cornsnake has got very lively when being handled in the last week. As I'm not sure if this is the norm or not any comments would be great. He is with us about 5-6 weeks now, we took him in as a rescue. He's been very calm when he was being handled since we got him, usually just curling around and investigating the area slowly, but he's got really lively now, moving really fast and seems to want to get away. He's not aggresive, hasn't bit or snapped or anything like that but doesn't seem to settle down at all. He's been eating normal, and shed his skin about two weeks ago.

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2011 :  08:35:59  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
is he handled by a truly confident, competant person who's supporting his weight correctly and not trying to restrict his movement?

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2011 :  18:41:08  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
corns always seem active when they're out so maybe he wasn't kept correctly by a previous owner and that slowed him down?

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Dusk
Snake Mite

Ireland
19 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2011 :  23:35:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeh he is being handled mostly be me. I wasn't sure if it was normal for him to be so very active but if it's normal then all's well. I don't know how he was treated by the previous owner as we got him as he was found in someones apartment.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000