New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Spindle
Egg

United Kingdom
51 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  15:50:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I fed my new corn for the 1st time the other day (1st time ive fed any type of snake) As noted in the prev posts I bought her at a year and a half old from a friend who couldnt keep her anymore. I fed her 1 large mouse but the friend I got her off suggested maybe trying her with 2 next time.
I just wanted some advice on what you guys thought because all the replies Ive had for other topics has been very beneficial. When I fed her last she did look like she was searching for more food as well.

0.1.0 Eva the beautiful anery corn

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  16:45:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what size is the snake, and what size of bump is left in the tummy after the large mouse?.

I wouldnt be feeding more than one large mouse at a time to any corn.

Go to Top of Page

FiestaSTLou
Yearling

United Kingdom
556 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  16:46:25  Show Profile  Visit FiestaSTLou's Homepage  Click to see FiestaSTLou's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
snakes are pigs lol jus cos they are searching for more dosnt always mean they NEED more hehe, as my sydney proves lol, i think it depends on her size and weight if the large mouse is giving a fairly decent lump after the meal i would leave it at 1 a week, if not, then maybe move up a prey size? do u have a pic or know how much she weighs?

Go to Top of Page

Spindle
Egg

United Kingdom
51 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  17:17:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've got a pic up under the the photo section under my new snake Eva. I haven't weighed or measured her yet to be honest. She looks nice and healthy though

0.1.0 Eva the beautiful anery corn
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000