New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

amanda121921
Hatchling

United Kingdom
100 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  23:03:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
when i got home this morning (stayed at partners last night) i noticed the temp on kasey's viv was 45c! he'd been a bit of a messy boy so i turned off the mat to clean it and rearrange all the probes n stuff then turned it back on. thermostat was set to 28c but after 10 mins temp on thermometer was showing in the 40's again so i think my thermostat has died a terrible death, especially as its been making funny noises when it turns on n off all day. the thing is, i cant afford a new one till after the weekend (get paid monday) so am pretty stuck as to what to do till then. i dont want to leave the mat on without a thermostat but there'll be no heat if i turn it off. i've got quite a warm house when the heating is on so its not unbearably cold. its feeding time tomorrow but i'll be putting that off till i can get a new thermostat next week. anyone have any suggestions as to what to do till then?

kaseysquidward

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  23:09:05  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
aslong as she doesnt have a tummy full of food just leave it turned off until u get it sorted, i dont know your set up but make sure thermostat probe is in contact with bottom of faun/viv etc as if its lifted the mat will be on all the time an get warm. also how old id the thermostat??

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

amanda121921
Hatchling

United Kingdom
100 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  23:58:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
he should be ok as he hasnt eaten for 2 weeks (just shed) n yep probes are all in the right places touching the mat. i got the themostat with kasey's setup so its almost 3 years old

kaseysquidward
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2011 :  01:11:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like your stat has croaked if its making odd noises, I know dimmers buzz but the other types shouldn't make any noise. As already said, they do fine at room temp so long as they aren't digesting specially at this time of year.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2011 :  09:18:50  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
what make thermostat is it amanda, habistat and microclimate both have 5 tear warrantys

1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

amanda121921
Hatchling

United Kingdom
100 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2011 :  22:52:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
im not sure what type it was but its not micro climate or habistat. think i'll probably get one of those if they have a 5 year warranty.kasey seems to be ok so far, especially after he decided to take up residence in my sleeve for a long while earlier

kaseysquidward
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2011 :  14:48:17  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
the snake hasn't moved the probe has it?

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2011 :  14:49:53  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by a33272

habistat and microclimate both have 5 year warrantys

thought Microclimate was only a year? have they improved this to match their closest rival?! it's about time!

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2011 :  15:32:31  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

quote:
Originally posted by a33272

habistat and microclimate both have 5 year warrantys

thought Microclimate was only a year? have they improved this to match their closest rival?! it's about time!

Says so on front page of website

http://www.microclimate.co.uk/

1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000