New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  13:01:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We now have a pair of berber skinks and I was wondering if any of you own or have owned these great little creatures as I could do with some advise and there is not many berber owners about and care sheets all say different things, ggrrrr. I've posted here as the other reptile section is normally a little quiet.

Gmac: moved to other reptiles "even though its quiet the poeple tha can maybe give you the advice will still read it"

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family

Edited by - gmac on 10/05/2011 15:03:24

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  15:03:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
have you had a look through the reptilian?

Go to Top of Page

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  19:45:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have searched through the reptilian and only found BTS owners, Berber and Blue tongues needs do differ I believe.

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  20:33:42  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Still might be worth posting, I've had a few different skinks and still keep some.
Depending on what the questions are they can always be worked out one way or another.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  20:48:37  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
we had a breeding pair in the shop....MY GOD WERE THEY QUICK o_O for one skink you will only need a 2ft tank, 10% uv and a diet of bugs :)

my aunties, bestfriends, hairdressers, friends boyfriend had a snake and it stretched out to measure him to eat him......true story.....
1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 sinaloan milk snake
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa
1.0.0 snow corn abomninable
0.1.0 royal python priscilla
http://www.youtube.com/user/stotty01 dads youtube channel

Tail n scales, Linton, Cambs, CB21 4XN, Tel no 01223 893 508 http://www.tails-n-scales.co.uk/

wish list: boa!
Go to Top of Page

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2011 :  06:56:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well the person we bought them from said they had happily lived together always. His idea of happily is different to mine. They have both been trying to bite each others legs and any other parts they can hold of. I would say that one has lost it tail previously as it looks a different colour to rest of it. I think that the mating ritual can be aggressive but it was quite scary didn't realise they could be like that. Any how for my piece of mind and my sons they are now seperated I know that berbers pair for life but as we have no idea what sex they are better to be safe than sorry, so thats another viv to fit in lol. I have read somewhere that a lady had a pair of Berbers that had lived together for many years then one morning she found the female with a front leg bitten off *shudders* wouldn't want to have that happen. I hope our two will be o.k living alone.

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2011 :  12:36:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
have you tried looking on *whispers* rfuk? *runs for cover*

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2011 :  15:22:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes I already have *ssshhhhhh*. Not much joy on there either and I can't find an actual skink forum :( I can't believe there are so few owners of them, its nice to have a viv and to be able to see something moving about in it unlike our lazy corn vivs!

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2011 :  22:20:33  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
our local pet shop had three in for what seemed forever! I've not been in for ages so probably long gone now.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000