Hades after shedding
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fluff
Egg

56 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2011 :  21:02:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He has been in a lovely lively mood all day after spending a week curled up under his log and not coming out much, it was his first shedding here with us and as always I was a nervous new corn snake owner, but he was fine and shed a lovely full skin with not a patch left on him (which is now laminated, and my kids took it to school today). He was in a posing mood and I have bought a new lovely lens so what better practise than my lovely little pet....on with the pics..(I might just add the hairy arm model is my husband)......

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2011 :  21:20:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, what a shiny little corn :)
Go to Top of Page

animalcrazy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
327 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2011 :  23:08:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hades looks great in the sunshine :)

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2011 :  23:43:25  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Woo, superb pics.
Be good for the summertime compo, he's a cracking little thing.
The first pic where he's in that ray of light is amazing.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  00:13:48  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr
The first pic where he's in that ray of light is amazing.

hope he wasnt being blinded by the light

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  00:27:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cracking photos and lovely corn

If I had time machine I would definitely have been taking more out in the sun photos, I say time machine as Im in Scotland we had summer in 1999 I think

Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  08:27:01  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Beautiful markings

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

Fluff
Egg

56 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  08:56:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww thanks everyone for your lovely comments. Whats this competion then???...never one to shy away from a comp or two me!!

Mamma, I chose him because of his lovely face and markings....when there were lots of fancy colours there this little snake had the cutest face, and was strong and wriggly!!

I have been promised another corn for my birthday in september whooppp!!

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  09:07:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fluff

Aww thanks everyone for your lovely comments. Whats this competion then???...never one to shy away from a comp or two me!!

http://www.thereptilian.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=1641
Go to Top of Page

Fluff
Egg

56 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  09:26:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ooooo cheers louise!!

Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  10:18:00  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

I have been promised another corn for my birthday in september whooppp!!

Most awesome I was only starting with one snake and it was only meant to be 1.... and this week I am pickin up number 4.... I have a very understanding hubby hahahaha. Either that or hes just lettin me get them to keep me quiet!

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
Go to Top of Page

Fluff
Egg

56 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  10:44:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was the husband that came home saying he had worked in a house where there was a corn snake...he wanted one, so I went about doing the research and fell in love....then it was me that got bought Hades for mothers day, and now me that looks after him and is completely addicted to caring for him.....I wonder what colour I will come home with next, I try not to plan things just go for the healthiest best looking snake I can find.

Camillians also look so pretty in the shop but I am not keen on the live food....not a bug fan myself.

We have also talked about turning one of our out buildings into a snake house maybe something to think about in the future as I learn more.

Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  10:48:22  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

We have also talked about turning one of our out buildings into a snake house maybe something to think about in the future as I learn more.

Awww man! I would love that! Once the kids grow up and leave home its snake room time! No coming home once they have gone as snakies will have taken over their rooms!

Go to Top of Page

amanda121921
Hatchling

United Kingdom
100 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2011 :  00:13:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
gawjus! wish id have thought of laminating the skin. my daughter wanted to show the shed at school but i wasnt sure if she'd be allowed with hygeine reasons n all that. my 2 are a bit big now tho-guess that could be may justification for getting another-lol

kaseysquidward
Go to Top of Page

Fluff
Egg

56 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2011 :  10:08:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you...I would like to think most schools would love to see a shed skin. When I have a few of them I will be donating them to the boys school laminated and labeled with the different parts of the snake on for them to study, we're very lucky with our school it's a proper little village school, and they have let my eldest study English snakes and have even had the local rep shop in to do a talk....my eldest and his buddies are currently building a grass snake habitat in the school woods.

I think it's a good plan to phone up next time and ask...if anything it may teach the future generations about animal care and broaden there knowledge of a great pet rather than a bitey little hamster. I have had a fair few mums tell me they wished they had a corn snake rather than a small furry. I just tell em bring the small furry round I will sort that and get them sorted with a corn snake instead...I think it's the feeding that puts most people off but I have recorded a feeding session on my phone and show them that, if anything they end up really impressed.

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2011 :  12:20:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
aw hes so little and cute
great pics!

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2011 :  13:36:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He looks fab in his new shiny coat.
My pair have both taken sheds along with photo's into their school,it went down a treat and my daughters teacher has asked to see photo's of the housies now. Think we may have started something lol!
I just made sure they too some anti bacterial hand gel with them in case anything was brought up health and safety wise.
How jammy are you having outhouses,I'm just waiting for my kids to leave home so I can claim their bedrooms. Got a long wait though!

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000