tail rattling?!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

saamicaat
Hatchling

166 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  21:40:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I let my step dad feed Medusa this evening as he needs to learn to do it before I go to Ireland for a month after exams...anyway. I watched him do it, got a good strike and constrict going on too! One of the best I've seen her do! Jealous... From the moment he opened the faun to the moment he left her she was rattling her tail?! Either that or imagining things..
Do they do it when they're scared, threatened or in a bad mood? And could she have done it because he is kind of 'new' to her his scent and everything...?

Sorry for waffling! But I'm curious as to why she's done it
Thank you

Medusa the Carolina Corn and Bert the Bearded Dragon.

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  21:45:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
usually only tail rattle when they feel threatened, is a warning to leave me alone.

Go to Top of Page

saamicaat
Hatchling

166 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  21:50:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah thought so, thank you it may have been because he was watching her eat and I never really do that. Thanks again.

Medusa the Carolina Corn and Bert the Bearded Dragon.
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  22:55:28  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yeah there tail rattle and hissing is kinda like us saying just beat it to someone

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  23:08:16  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I've got one that will tail rattle if somebody different watches her feeding. She's fine with anybody handling etc but will only accept me watching her feed!!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2011 :  08:07:10  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
as previously said, it's a 'leave me alone' sign
a few of mine will do it if they're watched while they're feeding as they are particularly vulnerable at that time - they can't move away from whatever is threatening them so they can't hide either, they're basically a sitting duck for predators
occasionally when i've disturbed a sleeping corn i've had that reaction too

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

josh9961
Hatchling

United Kingdom
381 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2011 :  14:25:30  Show Profile  Click to see josh9961's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have a rather grumpy corn, Ketchup, who's recently calmed down (AT LAST!) who used to rattle as soon as her RUB opened. She still rattles if you watch her eat or, strangely, if my dad talks, I think his voice is too deep and she doesn't like the vibrations.

2.3 Corn Snakes
0.1 Bci
1.0 Spur thighed Tortoise
0.0.15 Stick insects
0.0.1 Shield Mantis
Go to Top of Page

jimspook
Egg

77 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2011 :  20:33:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not had mine do this yet, although when she was having her free roam (supervised;) ) she on a couple of occassions rose like a cobra which was quite amusing for a few minutes

0.1.0 Normal CB09 - Artemis

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000