safe materials
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  20:35:31  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When adding things into a RUB, for snakie to climb on etc... are there any woods or any other materials that should NOT be used? xx

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  21:24:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
toxic plants

Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  22:36:42  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was thinking of using some dowel from B&Q until lotabob advised that it's pine and not good for snakies, so I picked up a bunch of bamboo sticks for about a quid instead. :)

Corns: 1.1 Anery, 1.1 Butter, 1.0 Carolina, 0.1 Hypo, 1.1 Snow, 1.0 Sunkissed
Boas: 0.1 Arabesque, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 0.1 Crawl Cay, 1.1 Hogg Island X, 0.1 Hypo Hogg, 0.1 Kahl Albino (poss coral)

Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2011 :  12:24:41  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys think Im gonna go for bamboo too xxx

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2011 :  12:29:18  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm gonna use bamboo too when hatchling needs a bigger home, am also gonna use those bendy vine things pets at home have and gonna get a reptile hammock too

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.
Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2011 :  12:34:04  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ailsa

I'm gonna use bamboo too when hatchling needs a bigger home, am also gonna use those bendy vine things pets at home have and gonna get a reptile hammock too

Dunno if you saw it but I made this climbing frame and vine rope for my OH's spotted python, which she apparently loves. My BRB also has a vine 'bridge' to climb along.

http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o442/ptmbradley/snakes/Photo0096.jpg

Boas: 0.1 Arabesque, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 0.1 Crawl Cay, 1.1 Hogg Island X, 0.1 Hypo Hogg, 0.1 Kahl Albino (poss coral)

Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2011 :  12:38:07  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Oh I never seen that, how'd you get it to stay in place like that? my hatchling has in her faun 2 hides, a bark piece, stones, plastic leafy vines and loo roll tubes fixed to the top with cable ties, think if i put in anything else it will be too much lol but i def what to do that when she moves to a bigger home, want her to have hidy places, climbing things and lots of wee nooks n crannies lol

Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.
Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2011 :  13:46:44  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That large flat faun has 3 hides, water bowl, log and a couple of plants as well as the climbing frame. The frame is just sitting on the base with the vine cable-tied to it. I melted holes through the ends and poked the vine through, which I then sealed into place. It's a very rigid unit and is used daily. The bridge that my BRB has is held down through the base with cable ties.

Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2011 :  13:51:47  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Mines has a large flat faun too but i don't want to have stuff like perm attached to it for cleaning purposes, means her stuff is easy cleaned and moved around and think i will buy some other things so I can swap them about, she'll be a spoiled hatchling but hey my 2 cats are spoiled to so why not her lol

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2011 :  14:12:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ptmbradley

I was thinking of using some dowel from B&Q until lotabob advised that it's pine and not good for snakies, so I picked up a bunch of bamboo sticks for about a quid instead. :)

Yay for Bamboo lol

It's what I use too for my snakes rubs. Gotta set up a few more today for the new arrivals but so far my Crawl Cay loves her little bamboo poles and even took her feed yesterday hanging from one like a GTP.

She even stayed hanging on while she swallowed the feed to. Will try and get pics next time if she does it again
Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2011 :  14:38:52  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's cool! Pics would be great to see!

I'm going to get a bigger rub for the baron soon, seeing as he's almost outgrown both the 18 litre and the hides that are in it already. It'll have some height so I'm looking forward to designing him a little gym to climb and exercise on! lol

Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2011 :  15:03:26  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Awww awesome news: My pal has a load of bamboo she bought in but hasnt used in her garden yet so shes gonna bring it down to me tomorrow

Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2011 :  16:10:49  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Nice one Mamma! I've ages before mine will need a bigger home but no harm getting ideas in the mean time :)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000