New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  12:52:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm am now a member of the bite club, yay!

I clearly got a bit too complacent when putting my hands into the corns rubs. I startled Fawkes while changing he water early and he got me, tagged me good too, even drew blood! Not bad for a 2.5ft corn.

Have to say it didn't hurt, but I felt it more than I expected too, I really felt how sharp his little teeth were!

My wound....

I didn't bother rushing to a&e, I think I will be ok

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  12:55:03  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think you will be fine

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  13:06:50  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Fawkes told you of for giving him a fright but I think you will live lol

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  13:39:04  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm not so sure.....

Looks like it could be infected

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  13:44:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmmm, I know what you mean. I'm gonna keep an eye on it. I don't want my hand falling off :(
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  13:50:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The odds were stacking against you with every new snake. Least you got it out of the way. I'm still bite free with my 3 (only just, Duke is a monster) but have been bitten before, it isn't totally painless but its so fast and by the time you feel it, its over. Well done for surviving.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  13:54:57  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I would be very disappointed with Marv lol! Can't believe he didn't bite you first :o Congrats I guess though lmao!

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  14:11:38  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well done on your graduation!

Still waiting for mine, but I'm sure the day will come...

Corns: 1.1 Anery, 1.1 Butter, 1.0 Carolina, 0.1 Hypo, 1.1 Snow, 1.0 Sunkissed
Boas: 0.1 Arabesque, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 0.1 Crawl Cay, 1.1 Hogg Island X, 0.1 Hypo Hogg, 0.1 Kahl Albino (poss coral)

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  14:50:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

I would be very disappointed with Marv lol! Can't believe he didn't bite you first :o Congrats I guess though lmao!

I know! I showed Marv just now and told him he better bite me soon and make sure it's deeper and bleeds more.

He has a rep to protect after all!
Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  14:57:45  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
A & E swiftly or your arm will drop off Lou lol

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  14:58:52  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
erm, congrats i think!?
took me years before i got tagged (by one of my boas too!) and it's only happened the once!

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  19:33:46  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It took me 14 months to get tagged. The only time it's happened is when I was checking Connie out when she first arrived. I was looking at her tail as it looks like she has had some retained shed issues before. I felt a small needle-***** on my wrist and there she was with her mouth clamped onto my wrist. She sure was thinking big. Didn't look as impressive as yours tho lou

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  19:58:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
keep an eye on it - one minute you will have a healthy thumb and then next it will be black and your whole hand will need chopping off lol
only Little one has tagged me and left a mark - apparently getting fresh water at 4.30am is too early for some snakes lol!

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  23:48:21  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
welcome to the club! :D

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2011 :  01:30:39  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
woo bout time lou :D

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2011 :  10:49:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Woke up this morning and my thumb is still on my hand where it should be.

Seems I have been very lucky indeed! :p
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000