New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

irish_python
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2011 :  18:56:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my cornsnake laid her first batch of eggs the other day,by the looks of her i thought she was egg bound,but today when i have had her out i could feel several eggs further up her body.her eyes are all glazed over now and she is very pale,ready for a shed.my question is,could we be expecting a second batch of eggs?

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2011 :  19:10:32  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Is this the same snake u asked a similar question about yesterday that uve been to vet with??? If Shes still carrying eggs it will be from the clutch uve just had not a new clutch I'd imagine

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

irish_python
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2011 :  19:12:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hevent had her to the vets yet,the vet told me to put her in a seperate tank,with damp moss in a dark area and see what happens in the next couple of days,so she could be due to lay another batch of eggs then?
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2011 :  19:19:24  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't say another just more from Clutch uve had she may of retained some

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

irish_python
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2011 :  19:22:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
will give her a couple of days and see if she lays anything more then,thing that has got me confused id i thought that they had a post lay shed when they had laid all their eggs
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2011 :  19:48:48  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
When Connie was having trouble laying she went blue before she had finished laying them all. Thankfully she managed to pass them all. Give her until Monday but leave her alone, no handling, and maybe cover the viv so it is dark and private (but make sure you don't cover the air vents). Do you have a heatmat and thermostat with her seperate tank

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

irish_python
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2011 :  19:50:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
have got a heat mat for her tank on a timer
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2011 :  20:59:29  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Why is it on a timer? Is it controlled with a thermostat and do you have a thermometer on it to check the temperatures. If the conditions are wrong then she wont want to lay

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  00:37:20  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
a couple of days may be too late - If she's not laid them all within 2 days its time to start getting concerned.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  14:02:50  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
sounds like the set-up is likely to be the cause of the retained eggs........

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

irish_python
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  15:57:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just checked rosie again after gettin back from work,she has laid another egg,looks like she is ready to lay more too,fingers crossed!!!!
Go to Top of Page

jack the mainprize
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2011 :  14:09:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
good luck my friends has just layed 12 but she's still going

Go to Top of Page

irish_python
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2011 :  15:44:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well i think thats rosie finished laying the eggs,24 in total.thanks for all the advice ppl!!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000