New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2011 :  09:21:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Scubadude gave Pech a shiny new home yesterday so I decided it was time to move his sister Myrtle into a nice big 50L rub. She will be in a viv later when she's a bit bigger but here she is and a few pics of her new home

In she goes...

Gone!

A couple of pics of her.

scubadude
Hatchling

United Kingdom
366 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2011 :  10:55:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks good Lou, Myrtle looks to have a nice setup there with plenty of climbing and dangling spots, and you bought her cake too

1.0.0 Classic corn snake - Dodge,2.2.0 Normal Royal - Palin,Detritus, Lyssa & Sofia,1.0.0 Spider royal - Anan,1.0.0 Mojave Royal - Ocha,1.0 Butter Royal - Huritt,0.1 Pastel ph ghost - Weeko,0.1 Yellowbelly - Loni,1.1.0 crawl cay boas -Maya & Pech,1.0.0 Hypo hog island boa - Harley,0.1.0 Hog island Boa - Babe

opinions are like ars*holes, everyone's got one, but you don't need to share them with the world.
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2011 :  11:02:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She's such a cutie.
Shame you had to force yourself to eat chocolate cake for her,must have been difficult for you.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2011 :  11:08:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol, you know what, those cakes are great as they come in a round plastic case inside the box. I wash it and cut a gap in it and it also makes a great hide. So I get to eat cake and get 2 new snake hides too! Result :D
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2011 :  11:39:05  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Very pretty ^^ I love the bamboo stick ^^ Did the cake sit well? I cannot eat any Tescos food without feeling ill XD

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2011 :  11:52:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My mum brought the cake over, was very nice :D I usually get Iceland ones!
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2011 :  11:55:14  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I love the bamboo stick too. Im hopefully gonna do somethin like that for all my lot

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2011 :  12:07:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have loads more bamboo and will add a couple of sticks going the other way at some point but it took me ages just to put those 2 in lol
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2011 :  12:12:02  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
where did you get the bamboo from ?

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2011 :  12:21:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was a big bamboo concertina type garden thing, for plants to climb. Got it from the 99p shop! I just took it apart, washed all the bamboo sticks and sanded down any rough bits. :D
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2011 :  12:37:24  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
SHWEEEEEET. Im gonna have to keep my eye out for such bargains

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2011 :  15:34:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey lou , the new pad looks great ! So my other half has come to a compramise and said I can have a crawl cay . Can u tell me bout yours ? Is she friendly ? Will she get chunky ? And whre did u get her and for how much ? X

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2011 :  15:49:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Laws

Hey lou , the new pad looks great ! So my other half has come to a compramise and said I can have a crawl cay . Can u tell me bout yours ? Is she friendly ? Will she get chunky ? And whre did u get her and for how much ? X

Hi, both mine and scubadudes crawls are related. They came from a breeder who had them advertised on RFUK. This is her user name if you want to contact her: nyoka malkia

I paid £60 including deliver but that was a very good deal and they didn't last long at that price.

She is very friendly and has never hissed or struck out at me. Being a female she can get to 4-5ft but males are around 3-4.5ft I'm not really sure how chunky they get tbh, will have to wait and see but they are much stronger than corns and even at the size she is now she is so strong compared to a corn of the same size.

They are great little snakes and even though I have not had mine long I can highly recommend them, infact I wish I could get another but sadly I'm all done now with snake buying
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2011 :  16:13:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have had a lot of debating over them , and narrowed it down to crawl cays , altho I like hogg islands I kno they can get chunky and that scares the missus abit . She wants one that's big enough but doesn't intimidate her . Are they nippy wen they are little too ? I've heard the setup is much the same as corns . Do they eat like pigs too ? We are debating male or female still . We have two male snakes and feeding is a little sketchy , whereas our female is a brill feeder at the min x

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2011 :  16:24:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Laws

We have had a lot of debating over them , and narrowed it down to crawl cays , altho I like hogg islands I kno they can get chunky and that scares the missus abit . She wants one that's big enough but doesn't intimidate her . Are they nippy wen they are little too ? I've heard the setup is much the same as corns . Do they eat like pigs too ? We are debating male or female still . We have two male snakes and feeding is a little sketchy , whereas our female is a brill feeder at the min x

Yeah, hoggs do get quite a bit bigger so a crawl is probably ideal for you. They can be hissy and nippy as babies but you have to be confident, hande them even when they nip and hiss and they will soon calm down. Setup is slightly different as boas like to climb about more so will enjoy vines and branches. They also need a higher warm end temp too and I have mine around 32c
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2011 :  16:30:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool cool , all things to check before gettin one , just need to browse round and find the rite one now . I'm pleased the OH said that I can have one , she hasn't said wen , she just said not yet . But she didn't say no and supposing I can find one sooner..... :D

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2011 :  19:36:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
anne (aka nyoka malkia on rfuk) has a female crawl cay that is about to drop a load of babies any time soon, you should contact her and speak to her about them

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  11:07:42  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Lou she's a lovely wee snake, loved the close up pic and she has a good home there.

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.

Edited by - Ailsa on 07/05/2011 18:46:45
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  11:36:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found her up high this morning!

I noticed her curled up in the plant on the right. Really shows how much they love to climb :D
Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  18:44:46  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Lou how long did it take you to sort out the bamboo and get it in? I want my snakes to have lots of things to climb on when they go into rubs, I seen bendy vine things in pets at home and was thinking using those sucker hook things and making like a zigzag kinda thing with the bendy vines

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  20:30:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ooh nice set up
I'm determined to get some bamboo stuff going on in my vivs for my lot - looks great!

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000