New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Corn Snake Mermaid
Snake Mite

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2011 :  18:54:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So at a recent local reptile show I picked up a young corn snake labeled as a candy cream, research into the morph turned up little more than it's supposedly a cross between a candy cane and a creamsicle; which I could have guessed myself. I've been looking around this forum and seen a lot of pictures that resemble my little corn all labeled as, or being identified as Amel corn snakes. So my question is: Is my "Candy Cream" corn snake actually a Amel?

*Fixed by K*

1.0 leucistic Texas Rat Snake "Sabre", 1.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake "Cutlass", 0.1 California Kingsnake "Claymore", 0.0.1 Candy Cream Corn Snake "Épée"

Edited by - Kehhlyr on 03/05/2011 02:55:51

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2011 :  20:53:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
he's an amel (short for amelanistic) .. beautiful one at that

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2011 :  21:00:00  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
if any of his ancestors are creamsicles then that makes him a creamsicle also because he will have some emoryi genes.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory

Edited by - eeji on 02/05/2011 21:00:22
Go to Top of Page

Corn Snake Mermaid
Snake Mite

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2011 :  01:26:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

he's an amel (short for amelanistic) .. beautiful one at that

Thought so, and I know what Amel is short for. I'm new to corn snakes, but I'm semi-familiar with all the morphs, I just wanted to make sure I hadn't miss-IDed his morph. :)

quote:
Originally posted by eeji

if any of his ancestors are creamsicles then that makes him a creamsicle also because he will have some emoryi genes.

Ok, this post makes little sense to me. Even if he has some creamsicle in him (which I'm not sure if he does or not) if he doesn't looke anything like a creamsicle, how could he be considered a creamsicle morph?

1.0 leucistic Texas Rat Snake "Sabre", 1.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake "Cutlass", 0.1 California Kingsnake "Claymore", 0.0.1 Candy Cream Corn Snake "Épée"
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2011 :  08:28:00  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
as eeji said if it has hybrid genetics then treat it as such, regardless of it visually taking after it's corn parent

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Corn Snake Mermaid
Snake Mite

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2011 :  15:32:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So I should keep him labeled as a "Candy cream"?

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2011 :  21:29:58  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If he has ANY emoryi genes whatsoever, that makes him a hybrid - an emoryi x corn amel hybrid is a creamsicle which don't always look creamy, it depends on the percentages of the species mix.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Corn Snake Mermaid
Snake Mite

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  03:35:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll just keep him listed as what I got him as. I don't intend to breed him or anything, so it's probably not to big of a deal anyway. I was just curious.

Go to Top of Page

Corn Snake Mermaid
Snake Mite

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  17:40:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I understand now what ya'll meant, and now I feel like an idiot! I didn't know creamsicles were a cross of a corn and rat snake You guys kept saying hybrid, guess I just didn't understand since I hadn't even heard of an emoryi rat snake until just yeasterday. I completely understand now though. :p

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000