Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2011 :  21:01:21  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Why would i run it for him when he is more than capable of doing it himself, I'm an editor and proof reader for a scottish publishing company, not An entrepreneur and i def do not need to ride on my brothers back as you put it. Hopefully this thread will be locked or moved. Enough said!!!

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2011 :  21:03:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the site looks good. I agree the registered breeder bit is too hard to read though.

Go to Top of Page

Diesel1994
Hatchling

United Kingdom
338 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2011 :  21:06:31  Show Profile  Visit Diesel1994's Homepage  Click to see Diesel1994's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
sorry i will change the registered breeder bit now :)

Owner of Renza Exotics - www.renzapets.co.uk
For all your Exotic & Domestic pet needs
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2011 :  21:07:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tbh after reading some of the replies on here I thought it was going to look awful!

I think it looks great. Keep up the good work :)
Go to Top of Page

Diesel1994
Hatchling

United Kingdom
338 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2011 :  21:11:51  Show Profile  Visit Diesel1994's Homepage  Click to see Diesel1994's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
thanks and i hope it doesn't look awful!, i just hope that the website conveys a good image and hopefully once customers know they will get a good friendly service will come back and back

Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2011 :  21:14:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
would give consideration to what you have called the deluxe adult snake starter kit, would consider the text and its contents,

Provides UVA to encourage feeding and promote gentle health. Also makes viewing your snake easy. where does this come from, as far as I know snakes don't need this and it wont encourage feeding as corns being crepescular, more active dusk dawn. Also haven't seen anything that says UV is required to promote gentle health, also if you are determined to include the strip light you should be telling folks that this must be guarded to prevent any mishaps with snake on the light. So there's 2 pieces of kit you can remove making this more tasty pricewise. also only one hide, better with 2.

Edited by - gmac on 29/04/2011 21:15:44
Go to Top of Page

lrv2307
Yearling

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2011 :  21:16:14  Show Profile  Click to see lrv2307's MSN Messenger address  Send lrv2307 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diesel1994

sorry i will change the registered breeder bit now :)

as i said diesel, if you need any help with google analitics give me a shout

lrv (louise)
Uxbridge, Middlesex
0.1.0 snow - morgana
0.1.0 cali banded king - boudica
0.0.1 crested gecko - galaxy
** wish list**
ghost corn
anery corn
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2011 :  21:16:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
had a little look, its a work in progress but aren't most things, its not bad, I've seen better and I've seen much worse. The best thing I can say is be careful not to overcomplicate it, too many columns, options etc will make navigation quite difficult. Not quite sure if you made this clear before but are you warehousing (or storing in some way) the stock or are you a middle man having your suppliers mail direct to your customers?

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

lrv2307
Yearling

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2011 :  21:17:33  Show Profile  Click to see lrv2307's MSN Messenger address  Send lrv2307 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

had a little look, its a work in progress but aren't most things, its not bad, I've seen better and I've seen much worse. The best thing I can say is be careful not to overcomplicate it, too many columns, options etc will make navigation quite difficult. Not quite sure if you made this clear before but are you warehousing (or storing in some way) the stock or are you a middle man having your suppliers mail direct to your customers?

i expect for a start he will be doing drop ship lota, much cheeper option and a good way of building your customer base before spending out on storage and a lot of stock

ps, cant wait to see a bigger shiny spot!!

lrv (louise)
Uxbridge, Middlesex
0.1.0 snow - morgana
0.1.0 cali banded king - boudica
0.0.1 crested gecko - galaxy
** wish list**
ghost corn
anery corn

Edited by - lrv2307 on 29/04/2011 21:18:15
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2011 :  21:21:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My sister is in Leeds and if this takes off and your single I'll be arranging a meeting, you'd be a good infuence on her & I like people with drive and ambition. Though I'll expect more than 5% off for my sister, lol.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Diesel1994
Hatchling

United Kingdom
338 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2011 :  21:24:48  Show Profile  Visit Diesel1994's Homepage  Click to see Diesel1994's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ok well i hope it will take off :P e-mail me lotabob its easier to talk via e-mail, info[AT]renzaexotics.co.uk

email link broken to stop potential evil spambots getting it

Edited by - gmac on 29/04/2011 21:28:42
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2011 :  21:42:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ailsa

This site is for advice on the keeping of snakes and this is not the right section to promote your new business.

Hopefully this thread will be locked or moved. Enough said!!!

You are correct Ailsa this site is for advice, this is a general post asking for advice and there is no problem with this site assisting the development of a new business.

This thread will not be locked nor shall it be moved.

Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2011 :  21:42:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now keep this on track.

Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2011 :  21:49:03  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I cant see a website link will check again later tho xx

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

centricmalteser2
Banned

United Kingdom
37 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2011 :  21:50:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just a link and study into UV for corn snakes

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18241029

"CLINICAL RELEVANCE: These findings have provided important insight into the appropriate UV radiation requirements for corn snakes. Further investigation will be needed before exact husbandry requirements can be determined."

So I wouldn't list UV as " encourage to feeding and promote gentle health" because this i not strictly true

However, the study I have mentioned in the clinical relevance states an insight into APPROPIATE UV radiation REQUIREMNTS, and further investigation will be needed

This basically means there is an amount of UV required for corn snakes, but as it is early in the investigation the amount required has not yet been established.

quote:
Originally posted by gmac

would give consideration to what you have called the deluxe adult snake starter kit, would consider the text and its contents,

Provides UVA to encourage feeding and promote gentle health. Also makes viewing your snake easy. where does this come from, as far as I know snakes don't need this and it wont encourage feeding as corns being crepescular, more active dusk dawn. Also haven't seen anything that says UV is required to promote gentle health, also if you are determined to include the strip light you should be telling folks that this must be guarded to prevent any mishaps with snake on the light. So there's 2 pieces of kit you can remove making this more tasty pricewise. also only one hide, better with 2.

EDIT: Couple more links regarding UV being a possible benefit to corn snakes

http://www.grizzlyrun.com/Pets/Reptiles/Snakes/Corn_Snake/Default.htm

http://www.petlizardsreptiles.com/13151/can-i-put-a-uvb-light-on-my-corn-snake-tank/

Edited by - centricmalteser2 on 29/04/2011 21:56:40
Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2011 :  21:51:07  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Everybody play nice.

Must admit I don't understand the anti-comments. As I said at the start I think it looks pretty good actually. Although of course it can look absolutely stunning, but without the value or customer service as well then it's all just guff. So I'm looking forward to seeing your business develop and good luck to you.

And I like the Amazon prime style postage option of a flat fee. Doubt I'd make use of it personally but it's a nice option. Well done to whoever it was that mentioned it in a previous thread.

Pete

Corns: 1.1 Anery, 1.1 Butter, 1.0 Carolina, 0.1 Hypo, 1.1 Snow, 1.0 Sunkissed
Boas: 0.1 Arabesque, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 0.1 Crawl Cay, 1.1 Hogg Island X, 0.1 Hypo Hogg, 0.1 Kahl Albino (poss coral)

Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2011 :  21:51:48  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mamma

www.renzaexotics.co.uk

Boas: 0.1 Arabesque, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 0.1 Crawl Cay, 1.1 Hogg Island X, 0.1 Hypo Hogg, 0.1 Kahl Albino (poss coral)

Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2011 :  21:54:54  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ptmbradley

quote:
Originally posted by Mamma

www.renzaexotics.co.uk

Thanks I think it looks good. Im 28 and couldnt do anything like that lol.

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2011 :  21:58:51  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just noticed you got the word 'accessories' spelt with only one s. On the 'feeding accessories' link and the main banner. Not checked for any other mistakes but maybe a bit more proof reading needed...

Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2011 :  21:59:09  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Mamma designing a website is easy but you really need to know what your doing and this site is unimpressive.

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000