RUBs
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2011 :  15:29:19  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
When the time comes for my corn to move up to something bigger I am going to use RUBs as, after much thinking, this the best option for me, am intending on 3 snakes and am going to get an open backed book case for them, which will still be nice in my living room, this may not be asthetically pleasing but it will work much better for me and wont cost me as much.

What am wondering is, what do you all use to make the air holes in the RUBs - drill, heated screw driver or soldering iron and with those which melt the plastic how'd you get the plastic of what ever you've used and do you just smooth edges with sand paper?

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2011 :  15:33:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought we discussed this exact thing in chat last night while Mamma was using the soldering iron on her rub?

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16302
Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2011 :  16:05:51  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Didn't really talk about it Lou

Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2011 :  16:10:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats odd, I must be thinking of another Ailsa. I was telling you how I used a hot screwdriver and you asked how to smooth the rough edges down. I said I used sandpaper! :s
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2011 :  16:36:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Louise32

I thought we discussed this exact thing in chat last night while Mamma was using the soldering iron on her rub?

the chat is not part of the forum and as such If anyone wants advice the forum is the place to ask for it, not the chat room.

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2011 :  16:48:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gmac

quote:
Originally posted by Louise32

the chat is not part of the forum and as such If anyone wants advice the forum is the place to ask for it, not the chat room.

I didn't say it was! I was just asking Ailsa if she remembered our chat!!

Not a problem. I wont chat about snakes or offer any snake advice in chat.
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2011 :  17:43:21  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I use a soldering iron Ailsa

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2011 :  17:58:56  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mamma

I use a soldering iron Ailsa

only cause ya broke james dremel

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2011 :  18:00:55  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I just couldn't remember hence why I asked again lol

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2011 :  18:01:18  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I use a belt hole punches XD well no i don't.. my dad does... but he has to be careful not to break the plastic.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2011 :  18:30:58  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Been busy with my soldering iron this afternoon prepping a rub for the mrs. Holes in the dimples and also a couple of cable ties.

Corns: 1.1 Anery, 1.1 Butter, 1.0 Carolina, 0.1 Hypo, 1.1 Snow, 1.0 Sunkissed
Boas: 0.1 Arabesque, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 0.1 Crawl Cay, 1.1 Hogg Island X, 0.1 Hypo Hogg, 0.1 Kahl Albino (poss coral)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000