New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2011 :  15:35:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all. I bought a bigger viv for Twilight from Ebay but due to some VERY selective description and cleverly camoflaged photos and use of camo netting (put on for fun the seller said!!), what I thought was a lovely viv in good condition turned out to be the opposite. The good news is the structure is solid and secure and the glass and runners are intact so it is usable, but I want my viv to look pretty too. Rather than bin it I thought I would see if anyone can make use of it; maybe you rescue reps and could do with a spare viv in the garage to use in emergencies or you need something temporarily until you can upgrade?

As you can see from the photos, the laminate edging is in a state from water damage but the frame is solid. The back panel needs replacing as all the surface is peeling off and I also removed it when I was vaguely looking to see if I was going to try to do it up. There's a big chunk missing from the front corner although it doesn't affect the doors or the runners and doesn't leave a hole. The side runners need glueing back on as does the second door handle - I have all of these. Doors open smoothly.

I think that's all. I'm based one mile from Jct 11 of the M40. Measurements are 36 x 15 x 15 inches.
Drop me a line if interested.

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2011 :  15:39:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amazingly it doesn't look too bad in these photos but trust me, it's definitely tatty. I'm not some rich posh bird who's whinging because her viv's not perfect! I want to ensure that anyone who might decide to drive a long way to get it knows that it's not something you're going to want on display. I can send more pics if necessary.

Go to Top of Page

Alyson19802
Hatchling

United Kingdom
162 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2011 :  22:42:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Sammy

I would love to take it if you still have it... I ahve been offered a Beardie and her current viv is tiny

Look forward to hearing from you
Alyson

0.1.0 Snow Corn- Bailey
0.1.0 Bearded Dragon - Lola
1.0.0 Rabbit -Freckles
0.1.0 Cat - Cleo
0.0.2 Fish - Daisy & Alfie
1.1.0 Kids - Cían and Erin
1.0.0 - Very understanding hubby
Go to Top of Page

Alyson19802
Hatchling

United Kingdom
162 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2011 :  22:44:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ohh I just realised its the M40 not M4 lol sorry would have snapped it off you

0.1.0 Snow Corn- Bailey
0.1.0 Bearded Dragon - Lola
1.0.0 Rabbit -Freckles
0.1.0 Cat - Cleo
0.0.2 Fish - Daisy & Alfie
1.1.0 Kids - Cían and Erin
1.0.0 - Very understanding hubby
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2011 :  07:13:48  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
When was this and do you still have the ad? I'd report the guy to ebay and get a refund if you haven't and keep hold of the viv for a while as evidence.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2011 :  18:58:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I opened a claim with the Ebay resolution centre and sent them full details of the actual damage compared with the listed condition. They replied almost immediately saying he had contacted them, they had reviewed the evidence and decided I wasn't covered under their buyer protection plan. What made me most cross, apart from the fact that he got away with lying and didn't even get a warning is that all the details and comments I sent to Ebay were forwarded to the seller but they didn't tell me anything of what he said in return.

I always thought buyers had some sort of protection with Ebay but their cases are definitely weighted in favour of the seller. I'm cross with myself too though as I broke all my own rules about only buying from people with a good reputation and excellent feedback etc. I rushed into this as I thought another viv of the right size might not come up close enough. If I ever bought something like this again I would make sure I took my husband with me to collect and that I checked it thoroughly beforehand. It would also be best not to pay in advance but I sold a load of stuff on Ebay in order to finance the purchase as we couldn't afford a new viv. My efforts to save money really backfired!!

There is a bright side though - it came with a ceramic heater, Habistat and UV starter that all work and I'm going to sell on to get hopefully most of my cash back. I also ransacked the house and sold everything at a car boot sale giving me money to buy a brand new and bigger viv from a shop. Should come this week (hubby talked me into spending the cash as I was so miserable about all the faff with this one). Twilight will be happy which means I will be happy!!

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2011 :  19:30:08  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Aww bless :( I'd try again or maybe get paypal involved if you paid using them, they are normally very good at this sort of thing. Covering up damage is not on! And I wonder what evidence he gave them as well :/ I hope you gave him very bad feedback! I hate to think how much you paid for it :(

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

cammy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
284 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2011 :  21:57:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
is this still for pick up
Go to Top of Page

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2011 :  22:52:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Cammy. Got two people interested via Preloved so should be gone soon but if they both fall through, I'll let you know.

Go to Top of Page

cammy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
284 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2011 :  21:51:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sammysnake

Hi Cammy. Got two people interested via Preloved so should be gone soon but if they both fall through, I'll let you know.

thanks m8
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000