New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dtookey90
Hatchling

United Kingdom
188 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2011 :  10:15:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all I was just wondering what type if male would give me the best babies out of my amel stripe female??
My first choice was a snow or snopal, but now I'm not so sure
Does anyone have any ideas??

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2011 :  10:24:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unless your female has any hets that match the male, pairing her with a snopal would give you all amels het for anery, lavender and stripe.
Pairing her to a snow would give you all amels het for anery and stripe.

For the babies to have nice visual morphs the parents must have matching genes. I'd put her to something else with a stripe, at least then you will get stripey babies!

So unless she has any hets that you dont know about, the only options for babies, no matter what you pair her to, would be normals, amels, amel stripes, normal stripes, ultramels and ultramel stripes.

.....i think
Go to Top of Page

dtookey90
Hatchling

United Kingdom
188 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2011 :  11:03:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know her parents, mum amel stripe, dad amel het stripe
There are a few on cymru corns that I'm interested in but I can't decide
Some are het stripes and some are dilute stripe but I don't know what I would get from the pairing
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2011 :  12:21:38  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
anything other than amel, ultra, motley or stripe won't give you morphs in the first lot of babies but they would be het, eg if you did amel stripe x diffused you would get all normals (het amel, stripe, diffused). Breed these babies back to each other once they are old enough and you have chances of seeing normal, amel, diffused, fire, +stripe patterns in those.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2011 :  12:40:52  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jeez this is all so confusing!!!!! lol

Corns: 1.1 Anery, 1.1 Butter, 1.0 Carolina, 0.1 Hypo, 1.1 Snow, 1.0 Sunkissed
Boas: 0.1 Arabesque, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 0.1 Crawl Cay, 1.1 Hogg Island X, 0.1 Hypo Hogg, 0.1 Kahl Albino (poss coral)

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2011 :  23:42:47  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
have a play on the corn calculator, it will help you understand how it works: www.corncalc.com

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000