The family has grown again...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2011 :  17:09:16  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A fortnight after getting my first corn, I just had to get a second.

Decided not to name it yet coz I want to get them both sexed first, which will probably be in a couple of weeks.

He/she was born last August, and according to snake measurer is 17 inches long. It last shed a couple of weeks ago and has been on one pinky a week. My other snake, which is 2 inches longer, is on 2 pinkies so might see if this one will take 2 at next feed...

Anyway, we had a very quick photo session before getting settled in...

Now off to update my sig...

Pete

Corns: 1.1 Anery, 1.1 Butter, 1.0 Carolina, 0.1 Hypo, 1.1 Snow, 1.0 Sunkissed
Boas: 0.1 Arabesque, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 0.1 Crawl Cay, 1.1 Hogg Island X, 0.1 Hypo Hogg, 0.1 Kahl Albino (poss coral)

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2011 :  17:28:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awww, what a sweetie! :D
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2011 :  17:44:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hehe we had our second corn 2 weeks after the first and a python a week after that :/ ooops! congrats on the new addition :D

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2011 :  17:47:16  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Laws

hehe we had our second corn 2 weeks after the first and a python a week after that :/ ooops! congrats on the new addition :D

lol certainly won't be getting a python! Will be sticking to corns I think. But how many I end up with, who knows...

Boas: 0.1 Arabesque, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 0.1 Crawl Cay, 1.1 Hogg Island X, 0.1 Hypo Hogg, 0.1 Kahl Albino (poss coral)

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2011 :  17:58:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice new addition.
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2011 :  18:10:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have an anery , okeetee and normal on my wish list.....

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2011 :  18:32:36  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Lovely wee corn you have there congrats. Mine is a bloodred and looking forward to seeing her grow and snake number 2 wont be until she moves up to a rub lol.

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2011 :  18:38:45  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
lovely

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2011 :  19:02:33  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ailsa

Lovely wee corn you have there congrats. Mine is a bloodred and looking forward to seeing her grow and snake number 2 wont be until she moves up to a rub lol.

Yes I've been following your travels with yours Ailsa. Congrats on a lovely looking snake.

My 1st snake has just moved into an 18" square Exo Terra terrarium that someone was selling cheap, so my 12 litre rub was freed up. And I've already been looking online for heat strips etc for a multi-rub setup, because I can't see me waiting to move up habitat sizes before I add yet another to the collection. Patience never was my strong suit! lol

Pete

Go to Top of Page

uma and bill
Hatchling

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2011 :  20:14:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lovely snake, in less than a year we have got to corns a boa and now got my eye on a milk snake.

sjmarshall
Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2011 :  21:18:40  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Think I'll be sticking to corns. Even a month ago I had no interest whatsoever in snakes! Then I happened on some in a pet shop and overheard a conversation about them which got my attention, and I started doing some thorough research. Now here I am with 2 snakes and I have friends asking ME for expert advice!! lol :)

Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2011 :  00:34:14  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Decided to call my new corn 'Eira'. It's the Welsh word for snow. :)

Go to Top of Page

uma and bill
Hatchling

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2011 :  06:37:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ptmbradley

Think I'll be sticking to corns. Even a month ago I had no interest whatsoever in snakes! Then I happened on some in a pet shop and overheard a conversation about them which got my attention, and I started doing some thorough research. Now here I am with 2 snakes and I have friends asking ME for expert advice!! lol :)

I was scared to death of snakes till last year, Steve kept on about wanting one so i very reluctantly went to have a look,now im addicted

sjmarshall
Go to Top of Page

Fluff
Egg

56 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2011 :  10:09:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ohhh congrats...I don't think it will be much longer until we get a second.

Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2011 :  12:57:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ooh congrats,he/she's beautiful. I love his/her name too.
That first pic is brill!

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000