increasing feeding
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mightymeated
Egg

53 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2011 :  19:51:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi there i have had my corn (jaunty) for exactly 1 month today. im not sure how old he was when i got him but he was very small and looked just like a hatch ling so i would say he was no older than 2 months old at that time. i have been feeding him one pinky every four days since i got him. but today when i feed him he acted like he was looking for more. so my question is should i be feeding him more than one at a time or more often. please can someone advise. cheers alan. :)

life love and liberty for all :0)

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2011 :  19:58:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If the single pinky is not leaving much of a bump you could try to give 2 pinkies at each feed. But I think I am right in saying that you should increase the time between feeds to 7 days when you move to double pinkies then you can move it gradually back to 5 days between feeds again. The food item should be no bigger than one and a half times the snake at the thickest part.

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2011 :  21:14:56  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
prolly wouldn't hurt to try 2 but don't be surprised if sometimes only one is taken per feed
as red says, increase the feeding interval initially then gradually bring it back down to however frequently you currently feed

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000