Pandora modelling! :)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2011 :  01:35:46  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here are a few images from my first photoshoot with my ikkle corn...

Corns: 1.1 Anery, 1.1 Butter, 1.0 Carolina, 0.1 Hypo, 1.1 Snow, 1.0 Sunkissed
Boas: 0.1 Arabesque, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 0.1 Crawl Cay, 1.1 Hogg Island X, 0.1 Hypo Hogg, 0.1 Kahl Albino (poss coral)

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2011 :  01:58:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww beautiful little snake, love the orange eye, and some good close up photography. Every time I see one of those skulls it makes me want to nip to pets at home and buy it, they look so good.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2011 :  02:13:47  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I bought the skull from Vanishing World. Is one of the nicest ones I've seen. Now I just got to get the flippin snake to play ball somehow!! lol ... Glad you like the pics. She is a beauty isn't she? Not the morph I had in mind when I bought her, but couldn't resist those lush colours! :)

Pete

Boas: 0.1 Arabesque, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 0.1 Crawl Cay, 1.1 Hogg Island X, 0.1 Hypo Hogg, 0.1 Kahl Albino (poss coral)

Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2011 :  09:17:10  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
beautiful

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

Fluff
Egg

56 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2011 :  10:57:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lovely photos, did you use a soft box for the lighting??..it's something I was going to attempt in a couple of weeks when my little Hades is a bit more settled. She looks like she didn't mind being a model at all :)

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2011 :  11:10:27  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
What awesome photos and a beautiful model!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Lixra
Hatchling

United Kingdom
286 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2011 :  11:48:35  Show Profile  Click to see Lixra's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fluff

Lovely photos, did you use a soft box for the lighting??..it's something I was going to attempt in a couple of weeks when my little Hades is a bit more settled. She looks like she didn't mind being a model at all :)

I am a HUGE fan of a softbox when it comes to taking photos of our reps, but it's a bit of a challenge as well as the little buggers don't like holding still!

Every time I see that 4th last pic ptm it just makes me smile

"Oh there you are!"

Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2011 :  12:47:35  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Fluff >>> Thanks. Yeah I got a mini studio set up in a spare room. It's just a table with some aspen spread over and a couple of simple decorations, with a black backdrop and lit by a softbox. I've only had Pandora a week or so,so it was a bit early for this really, but I couldn't resist. Was worried about the flash bothering her but it didn't seem to remotely concern her. I set it all up and took some practice pics before adding her to the scene so she only had to model for about 20 minutes before I let her go home.

Mamma and herriotfan >>> Thanks. Gorgeous isn't she?

Lixra >>> So cute that one isn't it? On facebook it just has the caption "Boo!" lol I just wish I could get one of her crawling from the skull, but it's dark and cozy and too tempting for her to just curl up!

Pete

Go to Top of Page

Fluff
Egg

56 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2011 :  19:44:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ahh yeah brilliant,I have been thinking I would use my soft box tent for some high key work...it's good to see people doing something similar, that makes me feel a lot more comfortable about it. We've had Hades 2 weeks now I will be giving this a go when the boys go back to school and the house is quiet I think!!!

I love the idea of an extra 'set' very very cool...wonder if my husband would be understanding if I made one.

Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2011 :  20:24:56  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ahh yeah brilliant,I have been thinking I would use my soft box tent for some high key work...it's good to see people doing something similar, that makes me feel a lot more comfortable about it. We've had Hades 2 weeks now I will be giving this a go when the boys go back to school and the house is quiet I think!!!

I love the idea of an extra 'set' very very cool...wonder if my husband would be understanding if I made one.

I've got one of those light cubes too and next time she comes out to play I want to try and get a couple of close up portraits similar to what Lixra has in her sig.

The set is easy. You only need a flat surface, a bit of decor and enough room for lighting and to lose the background. I'm sure hubby would be fine with it.

Looking forward already to seeing your efforts in the next couple of weeks.

Pete

Go to Top of Page

Mole
Hatchling

United Kingdom
121 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2011 :  22:54:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lovely pics there of your really pretty snake, bit of a doh really tho when it comes to photography so completly in the dark about all the terms, will have to just stick to my panasonic luminx camera and a bog standard flash for striker

1.0.0 corn snake Striker
1.0.0 dog Merlo
0.1.0 rabbit Sparkle
0.2.0 Cats Skid and Whizz
Go to Top of Page

Fluff
Egg

56 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2011 :  23:12:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mole

Lovely pics there of your really pretty snake, bit of a doh really tho when it comes to photography so completly in the dark about all the terms, will have to just stick to my panasonic luminx camera and a bog standard flash for striker

Those lumix cameras are fantastic though, I bought my mum one and I borrow it every time I don't want to lug my DSLR round, it performs brilliantly every time.

Can I ask what settings and lenses people are using, I have an awesome macro I am gonna use but also a lens baby thing that's fun I hardly ever use, I am going to attempt but getting it right is a pain.

Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2011 :  23:46:08  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Those lumix cameras are fantastic though, I bought my mum one and I borrow it every time I don't want to lug my DSLR round, it performs brilliantly every time.

Can I ask what settings and lenses people are using, I have an awesome macro I am gonna use but also a lens baby thing that's fun I hardly ever use, I am going to attempt but getting it right is a pain.

Techie time eh?

I've got a Canon Powershot SX120 for point and shoot everyday use. It's a great little camera with full manual control which you don't find on too many compacts.

All my serious kit is about as budget as you can get when buying new. I've got a Sony A200 with an 18-70mm kit lens, plus a Sigma 75-300mm zoom and a Sony 50mm portrait lens. Also an F42 flashgun. My lights are an Interfit EX150 kit that you get in Jessops for £200, which is what I used for these piccies.

When setting up these shots I tried all 3 of my lenses, including the macro setting on my 300mm zoom, but I ended up taking all 50 odd shots using my kit lens set towards the 70mm end. All the shots were taken between f5 and f11 at shutter speeds between 1/60 and 1/160 at ISO 100.

And I wish I had a lens baby to play with.

Pete

Go to Top of Page

Fluff
Egg

56 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2011 :  00:11:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think you can pick the lens baby muse up pretty cheap (£90ish new), the double glass optic is the one I have...but it's a bit gimmicky, and makes my hands ache using it. Oh yeah and make sure your camera is compatible I don't know to much about sony's, but I know you have to check because it has no aperture you have to use magnetic rings to set it yourself....all I know is a camera is a camera if you get good photos then it's a good camera...and more likely a good photographer....I don't have much kit just my awesome macro (tis my pride and joy) my kit lens and my lensbaby...a few small lighting rigs and a few toys for the studio bought off ebay.

Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2011 :  00:18:51  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah I know I have to be careful about buying stuff coz Sony have to be a bit different, but I know there is one that fits. I bought loads of little bits and bobs for my system from Ebay in China. Fraction of the price of the UK and usually only takes a week to get here. Macro rings, filters, batteries, remote control... all sorts of bits. :)

Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2011 :  09:32:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stunning photos of a stunning snake.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2011 :  10:26:24  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks.

I took some more of her yesterday while she was feeding, but for some reason nothing was saved to the memory card! Gutted! Although it's majorly lucky they weren't wedding pics or some other important event!!

It's all working fine again now so I just gotta wait a whole more week for some feeding shots...

Pete

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000