Hades and his viv
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fluff
Egg

56 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2011 :  01:21:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ello this is Hades and his new viv it is a work in progress and he is my first snake, I went shopping earlier and my local rep'shop had just had a whole load of new things delivered....wished I'd had more than £20 in my pocket, but I bought him some new vines, a decent lock, and a new water bowl (it's much nicer than the one I had)...tomorrow (going back with another £20)I am investing in more leafy things and another strip thermometer, I just need to find a nice background. any advice or comments are very welcome...oh and has anyone ever used EL wire for lighting?, it's something I had been thinking about......on with the photos......

in his tube.....he loves the tube!!!.....

Mole
Hatchling

United Kingdom
121 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2011 :  10:57:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking good there and must say love his name very dramatic and cool

1.0.0 corn snake Striker
1.0.0 dog Merlo
0.1.0 rabbit Sparkle
0.2.0 Cats Skid and Whizz
Go to Top of Page

Fluff
Egg

56 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2011 :  12:39:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you, My son named him xx

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2011 :  13:26:45  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Aww he looks so cute in that tube. I love the owl too.

You could do with another hide in the cool end. You could just pop an eggbox in there. Also I wouldn't bother with a strip thermometer cos they are pretty inaccurate. Get a digital probe one from ebay. You can get one for about 3 quid. Looks nice though, it's coming on well

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Fluff
Egg

56 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2011 :  13:49:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah KD I agree it does need more things on the other side of the viv, I am buying another heat mat today the one I was sold with the set up is way to big (covers about 3 quarters) and doesn't leave to much of a cool area. I have put the tube on the cool area for him to sit in and keep the mat on a lower setting with the thermostat because he was just staying on the cool side and it has been sooo warm here in kent, he has been so much more active and using both sides of his viv since I turned it down...I will keep that mat for when I upgrade his viv. I am probably going to move the other hide (it is in the photo but it isn't the greatest photo I have ever taken that) to the corner and face it more so the boys can't peer straight in and cover it with the leafy things I am intending to buy also today. I will post update photos xx

Edited by - Fluff on 15/04/2011 14:22:36
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000