eggies.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2011 :  15:49:56  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I got 15 eggs in the incubator, incubator reads the temp as 31c and thermomitor reats temp inside the box as 29c, should I lower temp on incubator? the incubator fluctuates from 29c and 31c and the temp in box reads 26-29c.also I cant get the humitity above 88% is that enough? All the eggs are nice and white, though one seems to be growing a bit of mold on it is that normal? they were all 1/3 burried in the Vermiculite but they have grown quite a bit since being laid so a few on the top have become less burried should I cover them up again?

1.0.0 Snow Motley Corn Snake. (Mouse)
1.0.0 Amel Corn Snake. (Ginger)
0.2.0 Chinese Crested Dogs. (Skeebee & Yuki)
0.1.0 Bullmastiff x American Bulldog (Tsukira)
1.1.0 Ferrets. (Spike & Buffy)
0.2.0 Aylesbury Ducks. (Crispy & Nibbles)

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2011 :  19:14:52  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i would personally......i'd rather cook them a bit more slowly at a slightly lower temp

just keep the humidity as high as you can and cover the eggs with some sphagnum moss, that helps prevent mould growth as well as helping keep the temps and humidity more stable, it also acts as a barrier to stop any condensation dripping directly on the eggs

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Edited by - gingerpony on 14/04/2011 19:16:53
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000