Pandora's Box...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2011 :  18:12:18  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi all...

Pandora moved into her new home this afternoon. A 12 litre RUB measuring roughly 17x13 inches. I measured her earlier using the cracking little app snake measurer and she's just shy of 20 inches, so she should have plenty of room in here for a little while yet.

Here's a pic of Pandora's Box...

I do have 1 question for you. When shedding time begins should I pull out the warm hide and replace it with a moss one? Or should I do the cool one? Or both? Or neither?? lol

Pete

Corns: 1.1 Anery, 1.1 Butter, 1.0 Carolina, 0.1 Hypo, 1.1 Snow, 1.0 Sunkissed
Boas: 0.1 Arabesque, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 0.1 Crawl Cay, 1.1 Hogg Island X, 0.1 Hypo Hogg, 0.1 Kahl Albino (poss coral)

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2011 :  19:17:34  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
neither, she should shed fine without one. If she has a bad shed, then maybe think about using one.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2011 :  21:02:33  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
as eeji said ^^ she should shed fine without any help, only change things if you experience a problem

looking good

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2011 :  01:00:09  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thanks for answering my question guys and gals. Hopefully she'll shed fine then. :) Her rub is sitting on the desk here right next to the monitor so I can see her when she moves around. Which she hasn't done since she moved in 12 hours ago. She headed straight under the log and hasn't shown herself since... :)

Pete

Boas: 0.1 Arabesque, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 0.1 Crawl Cay, 1.1 Hogg Island X, 0.1 Hypo Hogg, 0.1 Kahl Albino (poss coral)

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2011 :  14:45:50  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
one thing i would do is put something around 3 sides of the RUB so she doesn't feel as exposed...
our RUBs are in a rack which encloses them but when we use a RUB on it's own ie.out of the racking, i sellotape some newspaper round the outside, leaving one side for viewing (you viewing her and her viewing you lol) and for daylight

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2011 :  16:47:33  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK thanks for the advice. I'll find something to surround her with soon. She finally moved from under the log although I didn't see it. She's currently curled up in her cool hide. I want to pull her out and play with her but it isn't very fair to keep disrupting her so will just let her be for a bit instead. Not the most exciting pet to look at most of the time are they? lol But they do have their moments and I love it when she's sliding around on my hands and arms. :)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000