Home made snake hide help please
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dch89
Snake Mite

11 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2011 :  10:42:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
can i use pva glue(paper mache) in a corn snake hatchling faunarium?? if so is there a paint that i can use to paint the hide?

scubadude
Hatchling

United Kingdom
366 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2011 :  12:36:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not sure on paper mache, as long as a good quality paint is used to seal and finish I can't see a problem. There is a thread somewhere on here I seem to be remember for making salt dough hides, they looked good too.

1.0.0 Classic corn snake - Dodge,2.2.0 Normal Royal - Palin,Detritus, Lyssa & Sofia,1.0.0 Spider royal - Anan,1.0.0 Mojave Royal - Ocha,1.0 Butter Royal - Huritt,0.1 Pastel ph ghost - Weeko,0.1 Yellowbelly - Loni,1.1.0 crawl cay boas -Maya & Pech,1.0.0 Hypo hog island boa - Harley,0.1.0 Hog island Boa - Babe

opinions are like ars*holes, everyone's got one, but you don't need to share them with the world.

Edited by - scubadude on 13/04/2011 13:36:43
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2011 :  13:34:14  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i'm sure PVA will be fine providing it's properly dried and doesn't smell any more

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2011 :  17:24:05  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The only possible issue with using pva is that it's water based, so if snakie does a partularly runny poo on it then there's a small chance that area will become gluey again. In which case it would just be a matter of cleaning the poo up and waiting for a few hours for the glue to dry again.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2011 :  19:05:32  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You could use PVA glue if you then use like spme kind of spray paint or water proof paint ontop but bearing in mind, sometimes glue does not want paint ontop of it :( It all depends on the glue type and I would try a small test first to see how glue reacts to the paint if you choose to use any.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000