Dakota's first feed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2011 :  11:52:19  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well Dakota is settling in just fine and her first feed with me is tomorrow, should I take her out and feed her in a rub or feed her in her faun? The substrate is small chippings and there is a flatish stone I can place the pinkie if she doesn't take it? I know that if you feed them in or out the faun you have to stick with it.
Thanks

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2011 :  13:06:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It really is just a matter of choice. Alot of people lay a piece of kitchen towel over the substrate to minimise chance of substrate being ingested when feeding. I feed all of mine in their vivs and faunariums and this works fine for me and the snakes. Don't forget that it is recommended to leave Dakota for a full week before handling or feeding. I have in the past not waited a week as they were very settled and I felt it was OK to feed and not wait the week but this was my choice.

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family
Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2011 :  13:15:06  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I knew I had to wait a week before handling but didnt think I had to wait the week before feeding, if I wait the week I wont be able to handle her till next week ;(

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.
Go to Top of Page

Scarlett
Hatchling

United Kingdom
363 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2011 :  13:19:56  Show Profile  Visit Scarlett's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Some people also say that the snake can become territorial if you feed them in their faun or viv, but I think it's down to the snake. As Red said though, it's your own personal choice. I feed me outside of their viv as it means I can check them over, and whilst they're eating do any cleaning I need to do in their viv =]

0.0.1 Amel Corn -Ember.
1.0.0 Bloodred Corn - Loki.
0.0.1 MBK - Apollo.
1.1.0 Cats - Moggy and Pretty Girl.
0.0.1 Royal Python - Odin R.I.P 20/6/10.
Wishlist = Pied Sided Bloodred, Anery Stripe, Coral Stripe, Bloodred, Green Blotched Snow,
Strawberry Snow Stripe.

Location = Chatham, Kent.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000