New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

snowstripe420
Egg

Canada
81 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2011 :  04:41:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone have experience with green tree pythons? Just wondering cause the (let imagination go wild) head at the pet store said their verry agressive and expensive. thoughts?

I plan on getting the python, rainbow boa, and 3 or 4 more corns before my collection is complete.

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2011 :  18:05:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aggressive, maybe but not all types are aggressive, they are actually really delicate little snakes that you don't handle more than you have to when little. Expensive, YES they are not just the snake itself but the setup they require is expensive. I don't have mine yet but I'm almost there with a viv build to cope with such high humidity and also a misting system because that will be brilliant. Its next on my list and wil start the build in 2 months time.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Adsclarke
Hatchling

United Kingdom
259 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2011 :  19:11:08  Show Profile  Visit Adsclarke's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have a GTP and it is an evil little coil :) Not all are like that though, I consider them more display pets than ones you would handle.

Cheers
Ads

Corn fanatic and breeder
www.procorns.co.uk
www.corncalc.com

Facebook/procorns for updates and general photo spam

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2011 :  20:05:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A pretty green hole puncher, lol. I can't wait to get one, well that or an emerald tree Boa, I'm 50/50 on both of them.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

snowstripe420
Egg

Canada
81 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2011 :  06:13:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im excited. I plan on building a custom viv. Does anyone know where to get plans or blueprints of some vivs? ive been looking an no luck. What is the ebst wood to use, that doesnt warp from moisture, is safe for the snake, and looks good? Any help would be awesome. Thought id start working on it now, so by the time im done school, it will be complete.

Go to Top of Page

lrv2307
Yearling

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2011 :  07:08:49  Show Profile  Click to see lrv2307's MSN Messenger address  Send lrv2307 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
am lookin at getting a GTP myself later this year, met one a cpl of months ago, and so was so placid and relaxed, coiled round my hand and let me massage in some shed aid

id look at a viv for a full size of 90cm x 60cm x 60cm,

they are beautiful creatures, although ppl i know that havent met one or handled one say they are just display snakes and are nippy

lrv (louise)
Uxbridge, Middlesex
0.1.0 snow - morgana
0.1.0 cali banded king - boudica
0.0.1 crested gecko - galaxy
** wish list**
ghost corn
anery corn
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly