New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rifleman palmer
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2011 :  19:12:01  Show Profile
i need a bit of advice on my cornsankes rather urgently, i recently put a male cornsnake in with my female cornsnake, noticed last night that my male cornsnake has this pinky puffy sack looking thing coming from his bum hole, and my female snakes scales on the underbelly seem to be cracking and falling off im rather worried as they seemed really healthy please any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

connorg96
Egg

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2011 :  19:14:04  Show Profile
sorry this may not help but when mine had finished my males skin had sort of split at his vent

then he shed the next day so i hope this puts your mind at ease

Edited by - connorg96 on 26/03/2011 19:16:12
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2011 :  19:27:40  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
you need to get the male to a vet asap as it sounds like a prolapse,this is where the poo some of the internal muscles out.Do you have a pic?Is it like this..

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTD6UPs8AB_0ZpBW1rRENQxKwdivG8Zf6YM8WA2E6GfghoSAC98mQ

Edited by - lee2308 on 26/03/2011 19:31:31
Go to Top of Page

rifleman palmer
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2011 :  19:52:57  Show Profile
yh it looks like it could be a prolapse
Go to Top of Page

rifleman palmer
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2011 :  19:54:35  Show Profile
how much would it cost to get it sorted out
Go to Top of Page

rifleman palmer
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2011 :  20:15:11  Show Profile
yeah its exactly like that picture
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2011 :  21:05:43  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
price depends on the vet........
they might clean his prolapsed hemipene, lube it and pop or massage it back in, maybe with a suture to stop it prolapsing again
in the meantime make a tub with some cotton wool in the bottom, soaked in sugar solution, and add some air holes to the lid and pop him in it

ideally the male's hemipenes should go back inside himself after mating

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Mole
Hatchling

United Kingdom
121 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2011 :  21:12:52  Show Profile
Wow you all blow my mind, what a wealth of info here, really great what you all dont know aint worth knowing!

1.0.0 corn snake Striker
1.0.0 dog Merlo
0.1.0 rabbit Sparkle
0.2.0 Cats Skid and Whizz
Go to Top of Page

rifleman palmer
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2011 :  21:14:11  Show Profile
whats the sugar soloution made up from and does him having the prolapse mean he has already mated
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2011 :  21:34:48  Show Profile
Has you taken him to a vet yet?
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2011 :  10:12:37  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
if you've not taken him to a vet and the prolapse hasn't gone back in sugar solution isn't going to help him much now!!!

Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2011 :  12:43:21  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by rifleman palmer

whats the sugar soloution made up from and does him having the prolapse mean he has already mated

u were told to take him to a vet 5 days ago, ****ing about hoping it will sort itself out so you can avoid vets costs is stupid if thats what your doing

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2011 :  12:51:22  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by a33272

quote:

u were told to take him to a vet 5 days ago, ****ing about hoping it will sort itself out so you can avoid vets costs is stupid if thats what your doing

Does sound like he's more interested in wether the male got the job done or not!
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2011 :  19:12:41  Show Profile
quote:

Personally, i would go with, i dont know, maybe sugar and water??

You waited 5 days to even ask what it was when the reply was 2 hours after your initial post, and less than an hour after your previous post!
You clearly couldnt care much less about the fact that the infections to snake can pick up from a prolapse can kill it, but you are worried about whether he successfully bred with the female?
The answer is most likely not, i doubt he got anything done at all, the prolapse would have been painful and most likely would have put him off.
I wont comment anymore, i shall await your reply and see what you did before saying more.

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2011 :  19:14:03  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

price depends on the vet........
they might clean his prolapsed hemipene, lube it and pop or massage it back in, maybe with a suture to stop it prolapsing again
in the meantime make a tub with some cotton wool in the bottom, soaked in sugar solution, and add some air holes to the lid and pop him in it

ideally the male's hemipenes should go back inside himself after mating

Spot on there, i had a leo that prolapsed, this is how i sorted it out almost to the letter.

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2011 :  21:14:46  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards

quote:

whats the sugar soloution made up from

Personally, i would go with, i dont know, maybe sugar and water??

mike i just nearly pmsl

(though i know a prolapse is no laughing matter)

Go to Top of Page

vetdebbie
Hatchling

United Kingdom
108 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2011 :  22:49:11  Show Profile
If it's a prolapse that's been out 5 days, I suspect we will be at amputation time by now.
Go to Top of Page

nuttyann
Snake Mite

2 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2011 :  21:33:36  Show Profile
just to let u all know the fact u are all being like that it had the op ages ago and it didnt survive okay so stop
Go to Top of Page

nuttyann
Snake Mite

2 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2011 :  21:37:39  Show Profile
i did do sumin as soon as i put post up and in actual fact i was asking more things coz stuff like that is new to me i thought u may be able to give me a lil advice incase it happened again but u just judge im a huge snake lover and have plenty off them costs aont nuffin to me if it means they get better then i will pay it. and i werent interested or not if they had mated i was curious to see if it had happened due to mating but to the people that did give help and advice thank u its apprecaited
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2011 :  22:17:13  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
not sure what keeping this thread open will achieve

and i'm assuming the OP rifleman palmer and the recent poster nuttyann are the same person??

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000