Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

lucyloop
Hatchling

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2011 :  20:54:14  Show Profile  Visit lucyloop's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tagged! For the first time by Tiko, just going to put him back after feeding like lots of times before and POW! Soon as I realised what had happened he let go. That'll teach me for going on holiday - he clearly felt neglected!

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2011 :  21:04:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm jealous!

Still waiting for my first bite :)

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2011 :  21:07:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats on your first bite. Thats the scariest one over.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

lucyloop
Hatchling

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2011 :  21:16:54  Show Profile  Visit lucyloop's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was quite shocked! But as with all things, it was my own fault, think i hadnt washed my hands enough after feeding so I probably smelt tasty!

Louise - you are clearly just lucky - with all those snake babies it can't be long now! :))))
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2011 :  21:24:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You look at it the right way though, as rubbish as it is its likely something you did that caused it. I almost copped one right in the face from Duke last week, he struck & missed me by mm's, I papped myself but it was over before it started. I got too close and scared the living daylights out of him.

All in good fun though, he'll get me another day.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

Go to Top of Page

lucyloop
Hatchling

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2011 :  21:36:31  Show Profile  Visit lucyloop's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Agreed, I think I must have ponged of mice. Nevermind, he is ok though and gone off to digest his tea, I had a little tiny ring of blood on my finger! It was very cute! I picked him up straight after and he was fine so think I smelt or scared him. Bad snake mommmy :(
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2011 :  21:49:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PMSL, Its a badge of honour.

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page

lucyloop
Hatchling

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2011 :  21:51:41  Show Profile  Visit lucyloop's Homepage  Reply with Quote
wow I never thought of it like that! How cool am I!? LOL
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2011 :  21:56:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ha,ha you're so cool!!
I've been head butted once by Loki but thats it.

Just make sure you don't abandon him again lol.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

lucyloop
Hatchling

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2011 :  22:03:47  Show Profile  Visit lucyloop's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mort13

Ha,ha you're so cool!!
I've been head butted once by Loki but thats it.

Just make sure you don't abandon him again lol.

I think my OH has turned him into a killer! I went to Marrackech where I was tempted to try and single handedly rescue all of the snakes there.
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2011 :  22:06:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol,Tiko the killer corn snake.....it has a certain ring to it!
I don't envy you seeing the kind of things I imagine you saw.

0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

lucyloop
Hatchling

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2011 :  22:25:01  Show Profile  Visit lucyloop's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Honestly, I had to detatch myself and make sure I didn't look as it was hard to see. I think how Tiko is treated like a king and has perfect conditions and food and then the comparison with the snakes there it was just difficult to think about.
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2011 :  22:38:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know what you mean. I remember going Benidorm years ago and a pet shop there had a gorgeous husky pup in a tiny dirty cage. It broke my heart.

1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2011 :  23:10:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That was a restaurant, it was lunch.

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page

thistle
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1757 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2011 :  00:30:16  Show Profile  Visit thistle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sounds like he was just giving you a little kiss 'Hello', obviously wanted to show you how much he'd missed you. ;-)

2.0.0 Dogs (westie Angus, shih tzu Archie)
0.5.0 African Pygmy Hedgehogs (Harriet, Amelia, Matilda, Jemima, Maisie) RIP Hector
0.4.0 Guinea Pigs (Isobel, Effy, Mrs Mack & Sheila)
1.0.0 Lutino C0ckatiel (Sammy)
3.0.0 Corn Snakes - CB10 Amel (Barnaby), CB11 Anery Lavender (Bailey), CB10 Caramel Motley (Bradley)
0.1.0 CB11 Western Hognose Snake (Maggie)
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2011 :  06:50:30  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
took me about 7 years to get tagged lol
a boa (fortunately a small one) mistook my fingers for the mouse......

congrats on officially becoming a keeper

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

lucyloop
Hatchling

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2011 :  06:55:06  Show Profile  Visit lucyloop's Homepage  Reply with Quote

congrats on officially becoming a keeper
[/quote]

Aw thanks
Go to Top of Page

Yearling

950 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2011 :  10:58:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol at least its out of the way! I haven't been bitten yet, although Vin's obsessed with my glasses and always trying to get up to my face so probably just a waiting game!

1.0.0 Carolina Motley Cornsnake - Vin, 0.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Rio, 0.1.0 IJJ Carpet Python - Luna, 0.1.0 Dwarf Sunfire Reticulated Python - Helia, 1.0.0 Royal Python - Jasper, 0.1.0 Spaniel - Jess; RIP Gypsy - a beautiful girl through and through, 0.1.0 Rabbit - Binky, RIP Indy, Jan 2010 - Aug 2011, and Ace, Jan 2009 - Aug 2011
Go to Top of Page

Cornelia
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2011 :  16:51:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've only been bitten three times in 30 odd years. I had an adult pair of Indian Pythons. They were beautifull snakes but with a real snarky outlook on life. The male got me on the hand twice in three weeks, so I kept a good eye on him, and blow me if the female didn't get me while I was watching him,as I changed their water bowl.

Edited by - Cornelia on 25/03/2011 16:52:29
Go to Top of Page

lrv2307
Yearling

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2011 :  17:06:24  Show Profile  Click to see lrv2307's MSN Messenger address  Send lrv2307 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Louise32

I'm jealous!

Still waiting for my first bite :)

your quite welcome to come over to mine lou, and get tagged by my two lol

although morgana is only doing when shes hungry, but boudica still gets pmt lol and gets more feisty if i try and drag her feeding from 5 to 7days lol
they soon let me know!

lrv (louise)
Uxbridge, Middlesex
0.1.0 snow - morgana
0.1.0 cali banded king - boudica
0.0.1 crested gecko - galaxy
** wish list**
ghost corn
anery corn
Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2011 :  23:21:22  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Is it normal to actually look forward to your first bite, I am and I've not even got my corn yet lol

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000