New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  20:32:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well after defrosting and warming up a fuzzy I got Loki out of the viv to find he's deep in blue.
I've never fed him when so blue and really wasn't expecting him to feed. The little gannet wasn't put off though and took it with no hesitation.
I weighed him prior to feeding him and he's now 71 grams! He's most definitely not in the shoelace categorie any more.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  20:41:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spot and Loki really are shed buddies. Everytime Spot is blue so is Loki. Little blue piggie did well, Spot won't touch food while he sheds, could explain Loki's 71 grams to Spots 45 lol.

Won't be long until a shiny Loki appears, pics are a must.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky

Edited by - lotabob on 10/03/2011 20:42:13
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  20:50:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol,thats so weird. They must be telepathically communicating!
Loki does seem to be a quick grower,he gains more weight than Falcor each week. Falcor is very similar to spot,47 grams!
Heh,he you know me and piccies. Don't forget yours too.

0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  21:01:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Falcor is 47 grams wow, he is growing up fast too.

I have the camera at the ready, he's blue tonight but should clear up tomorrow so just in case he gets his shed on and I'm around.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

Go to Top of Page

lucyloop
Hatchling

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  21:03:16  Show Profile  Visit lucyloop's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tiko is blue too! Or rather pink as his orange bits seem to go that way when ready to shed. He is currently asleep on his heat mat so must have been a little chilly!
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  21:10:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you said lol. I have heard of some going like a pink colour, royals are supposed to get pink bellies when they go blue, bit of a contradiction but haven't seen it happen yet.

Its so exciting when they shed, I just cant wait to get my shiny pretty snake back cos this dull blind one is a lazy beast.

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  21:16:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah,Falcor is shooting up too. Aww bless,little pink Tiko. Our babies are growing up aren't they!
I'll have the camera at the ready,missed Falcors last shed by about 5 minutes,naughty little boy.
I've read that about the royals,sounds cute. Is Duke coming out of his shell more now?

1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  21:17:47  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
medusa was 33g when i got her now she is 172g's :O:O:O:O

my aunties, bestfriends, hairdressers, friends boyfriend had a snake and it stretched out to measure him to eat him......true story.....
1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 sinaloan milk snake
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa
1.0.0 snow corn abomninable
0.1.0 royal python priscilla
http://www.youtube.com/user/stotty01 dads youtube channel

Tail n scales, Linton, Cambs, CB21 4XN, Tel no 01223 893 508 http://www.tails-n-scales.co.uk/

wish list: boa!
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  21:22:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow,how long have you had her now?
I haven't a clue what Loki weighed when I first got him. I started weighing afer 7 weeks of having him and he was a mere 14 grams bless him.

1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  21:26:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Frank and Keith didn't want to be left out. Keith shed this morning and Frank is in blue, though he tends to have a lilac tinge to him when he is due, he still ate this morning though.

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  21:46:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I always seem to miss Spot shed, I was lucky the first one getting to see that but always literally minutes late for every other one. Duke's a nutter now, still quite quiet but when he is out he's just into everything, and seems to like sitting on my shoulder while I watch TV, I was a bit nervous around him becasue he was so jumpy he kept making me jump but I'm confident now and it has had a positive effect on Duke. You should think Royal next once you get to grips with the albino house worms. I cant wait to see them.

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2011 :  10:28:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think they do it and lie there laughing to themselves about it!
Aww bless,sounds like little Dukes come on brilliantly Suppose it was a case of you both learning to be confident with each other.
He sounds such a sweetie,and looks it too. Heh,heh they are still on my list,just won't be getting one for a good while.
I can't wait to see my little orange worms either!!

1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

lucyloop
Hatchling

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2011 :  15:19:40  Show Profile  Visit lucyloop's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

you said lol. I have heard of some going like a pink colour, royals are supposed to get pink bellies when they go blue, bit of a contradiction but haven't seen it happen yet.

Its so exciting when they shed, I just cant wait to get my shiny pretty snake back cos this dull blind one is a lazy beast.

Agreed, he is just no fun when he is blind and still I will be staking him out this weekend but reckon based on his usual time keeping that it will be Monday when I am at work/asleep!
Mort - yes they are growing up! I can't remember how much Tiko weighs as its in my little book at home but he is getting thicker now too so thats good. I just miss his little nosy face when he is in blue!
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2011 :  20:40:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spot isn't blue anymore, well a bit swirly so no shed tonight I dont think. Tomorrow maybe, in fact I'm working tomorrow morning so he'll do it then.

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2011 :  21:24:09  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mort13

Wow,how long have you had her now?
I haven't a clue what Loki weighed when I first got him. I started weighing afer 7 weeks of having him and he was a mere 14 grams bless him.

ive had her a year last month

my aunties, bestfriends, hairdressers, friends boyfriend had a snake and it stretched out to measure him to eat him......true story.....
1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 sinaloan milk snake
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa
1.0.0 snow corn abomninable
0.1.0 royal python priscilla
http://www.youtube.com/user/stotty01 dads youtube channel

Tail n scales, Linton, Cambs, CB21 4XN, Tel no 01223 893 508 http://www.tails-n-scales.co.uk/

wish list: boa!
Go to Top of Page

lucyloop
Hatchling

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2011 :  22:51:01  Show Profile  Visit lucyloop's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looked in my book, Tiko is about 140g-ish as he tends to wiggle!
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2011 :  23:16:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Big lad

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000