New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  12:55:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well im so excited rite now , woke up and he had shed and looks very sexy again now :)
we have been worried as he has been alot quieter than usual and had regurged his feed on tuesday (we hadnt held him for 48 hours , but we had noticed he had regurged it) i have narrowed this down to a few tremp flux that we have sorted now . So we left him be and havent held him , put a moss box in there for him , and wen we woke up this morning my other half told me he was out (shocker , we forgot what he looked like!) and wen i came down to look i noticed he had shed , in one nice complete piece , examined it for eye caps and tail and it was perfect . so really pleased and not as stressed as a few days ago!!
held him just and boy has he got fast again!
we will wait to feed him to let his tummy settle , but im guessing he will be hungry after this shedding?
xx

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

esox
Egg

84 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  13:01:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
also had my first shed this morning, in once piece, also gave him his first fuzzie as he was over due a feed and he took it no probs, now getting warmth in his hide.

corn, anery, fred
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  13:01:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats great news.

I have commented on your other post but just so you know you shouldn't handle him now for 10 days if he has had a regurge im afraid. A pain I know but he needs to be allowed to let him tummy settle so it won't happen again, so a nice quiet 10 days is needed.

Also, remember it's not so much 2 days as 48 hours after a feed when its ok to handle so if you fed him Sunday night then handled him Tuesday then thats not quite long enough so also may have had something to do with it.

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  13:03:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we arent so sure to feed him yet due to the regurge on tuesday so we are waiting a little to help his tummy settle . im so pleased that it came off in one piece . his colours are so bright now xx

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  13:04:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey lou , i had found the pinkie on tuesday and so i lifted him out to check him over , we werent planning on handling him till wed nite had i not have found the pinkie tues xx

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  13:05:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry mate, just read that on your other thread.

Fingers crossed it will be a one off regurge.

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  13:12:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
me too for sure :) prestwood (the good reptile place , not where we had him from) said if we have any trouble they will take a look at him and check his health out for us . we will give him some more time then feed him a smaller pinkie . just so pleased the shed went well and in one piece :)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000